need help with diagnosis

Tuff_up

Jan 31, 2006
spruce grove, alberta
hey guys and thanks for reading this hopefully one of you guys can help me.

the deal:
this middle of march i started riding a 14 yr old mare nice ride no problem a little forward going but she had alot of spunk from being not ridden for awhile (this isn't new to me i have ridden other hott horses that haven't been ridden for a few yrs) and worked the spunk out of a green broke hott arab/QH filly. april comes along we offer some cash for her as a payment . Before i bought her i put her through her paces walk trot canter both ways, rode her in all weather conditions i drilled the owners and i rode her for a whole month. She has been a broke to ride brood mare her whole life.

Well middle of april comes along and babies start popping up, May comes along and she starts to get hotter as if you see my other posts they have been about less hott feeds/ using a martingale ect ect. June comes in she gets worse and starts bucking and being bolshy i do not let her get away with it. She starts bucking and will not stop she will only canter with her ears pinned back no trot no walk i didn't let her get away with it. Today a more experienced rider/trainer then me gets on and the horse spazzes scaring both the old owner of the horse (she said this was never like carol they have owned carol her whole life) and the rider who has been through alot. She did worst bucks with the more experienced rider then me so i believe she was testing the other rider and knows that i have never let her get away with any thing which i haven't.

ok so i know the question will be asked about saddle, chiropracter, vet ect ect yess her teeth were done, her saddle fits properly, been to the chiro just 2 weeks ago then with a check up 5 days ago. massage therapist was out. pressure points have been checked out feet were done and picked out daily, feed hasn't changed only the weather/season. so i have been told by my previous RI and my present RI to give her an injection much like birth control because it seems she is only bolshy (would have used worse word) in summer. The only reason no one has found this out was because she was always in foal when she was being ridden the other times. which comes to the questions
should i try it?
what are the negative and positive side affects?
what is the name of it?
is it safe?
any more info on this injection would be much appreciated
thanks for reading and helping me

Perhaps they are talking about Regumate? I would consult my vet and see if she agrees - if all other issues are ruled out then hormones could be the problem! Also, you could try one of the various herbal or supplemental remedies. My former mare had silent heats and my current mare is not really bad, just a little pi$$y during her cycle.

we put her on bute to see if there still was some pain for any reason maybe she got kicked but she was still very ****y. my dad went to the vet office 2 days ago for info (only got the names) on two hormone solutions regu-mate being one and GNRM being another ( the vet wouldn't tell me dad anything more unless he was being paid). If any one could give me any more info on either hopefully from experience i would be very happy. I have not been sleeping for the past few days and screwing up on work because i just bought a very expensive showtype horse just to not be riding it and knowing that probably if i tried to sell it right now I wouldn't even get half my money back, and have already spent alot of money on several treatments that didn't work.:eek:

newrider.com