Nervous!!

Feffie

Aug 25, 2010
I'm off to uni a week Saturday and dreading it in a way!
Not going to have access to the net for god knows how long either. Help!

I'm off to uni a week Saturday and dreading it in a way!
Not going to have access to the net for god knows how long either. Help!

Wow ... you`ll love it, i promise you. My sister went to York uni, and i`d go visit, we`d have such a laugh, you`ll be settled in and a fully fledged student in no time :nerd: ... are you staying in halls ?

First day of uni is the like the first day of school - just remember that everybody is in the same boat so you're not the only one who doesn't know anybody!

My best advice is to 1) be yourself (nice & friendly, lots of smiles makes people comfortable!) and 2) take some home made biscuits to hand round - I did & people told me later in our uni life about how it broke the ice & was a friendly thing to do.

Nope not in halls, living in a bedsit flat with my bf, so I guess I know someone!
I've been talking to people who are on my course as well, plus my brother lives there too, but still! I've never been away from home before :(

Sure you'll be just fine, you'll look back and wonder why you were so worried! Hope you get internet access soon, then you can keep up with NR! Mind you, you'll probably be so busy with student life you'll not have time for us.......hehehehehee. Lots of happy settled vibes to you!

I was so :poop: scared when I went away to uni! I'd never been away from home for long before and I was taking my horse with me who I'd had on full livery and moving to DIY for the first time! But you will have soooo much fun!

As Roxy said it's like the first day of school and everyone is in the same boat, on my first night most of the us in my flat went to the student bar a great way to meet everyone and just have a good natter.

newrider.com