New 2026 Hacking / riding thread

Lovely little potter just now in the sunshine. She was reluctant to go down the longside so I let her turn around and we did the same route backwards and actually she had to go a bit further. She's not daft though, if I go down the hill first she knows its all uphill on the way home so tries to cut across hahahaa. Ponies - love 'em. Her and Zi are now out and about enjoying the sunny day here. Storm is mooching the yard. Its such a good time of year when the weather is good, no pesky flies and so a happy pony. 😍 🌞🌞
They aren't stupid are they but you can use that to your advantage.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Trewsers
First potter of October! Yaye. She was great as always, I would have gone a bit further round the field and maybe down the driveway but Mr T isn't well and has a sore painful back and I didn't want him hanging around too much longer. He always holds my stirrup when I hop on - I did say I was okay once I was on board but I think he was enjoying the sunshine. But all the same I didn't want to push him. I am mastering the art of untacking a very frisky happy pony quickly - no meant feat when she's raring to roll / go and I've got saddle and bridle in one warm in the middle of the field! 🤭 🐴
 
  • Like
Reactions: GaryB
Goodness - I have got very behind. A quick summary - a nice trip to a local forest car park which is only normally used by dogwalkers and is a good place to park and hack. I have a nice 6 mile route that has a fair amount of bridleways and no gates.
A nice hack onto out local hill which again has a fair amount of bridleways. A couple of goes at poles in the school - I was going to jump bit Harvey was a bit OTT so I postponed that - the school is only 20x40 which seems quite small when you are on an over excited Harvey

First some pics from the forest parking hack
i-xVCc6pq-X2.jpg


i-GJN96DC-X2.jpg

i-rRD2QPh-X2.jpg


i-Wx6mPg4-X2.jpg


i-Q9BbcZH-X2.jpg


One from a local hack especially for @Trewsers a view full of trees
i-K9VLDtQ-X2.jpg


A couple from out local hill
i-WCNM5W4-X2.jpg


had to be done!
i-qqHzpVZ-X2.jpg


Hacking
30 miles
9 hours
Schooling
40 minutes

Totals
Schooling
1 hour minutes

Hacking
422 miles
130 hours 10
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
Goodness - I have got very behind. A quick summary - a nice trip to a local forest car park which is only normally used by dogwalkers and is a good place to park and hack. I have a nice 6 mile route that has a fair amount of bridleways and no gates.
A nice hack onto out local hill which again has a fair amount of bridleways. A couple of goes at poles in the school - I was going to jump bit Harvey was a bit OTT so I postponed that - the school is only 20x40 which seems quite small when you are on an over excited Harvey

First some pics from the forest parking hack
i-xVCc6pq-X2.jpg


i-GJN96DC-X2.jpg

i-rRD2QPh-X2.jpg


i-Wx6mPg4-X2.jpg


i-Q9BbcZH-X2.jpg


One from a local hack especially for @Trewsers a view full of trees
i-K9VLDtQ-X2.jpg


A couple from out local hill
i-WCNM5W4-X2.jpg


had to be done!
i-qqHzpVZ-X2.jpg


Hacking
30 miles
9 hours
Schooling
40 minutes

Totals
Schooling
1 hour minutes

Hacking
422 miles
130 hours 10
Beautiful trees 😍 🐴
 
A lovely potter about the place today. She's been getting bored of the field so I took her in the field first (opposite way round) then down the track and into the school couple of loops and back down the track and into the field. Good girl! She woke up a bit after the track to the school as there was grass grass and more grass - though oddly enough didn't try and snatch it - again, very well behaved. And culminating in just sitting and enjoying being on board. She's given me so much this past two years, the biggest thing has got to be confidence. It was all gone but she's given it back to me. This is how it should feel.😍❤️🐴
 
  • Love
Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com