New Rambo hooning pics - putting on weight?

Soot

Paranoid!
Aug 7, 2007
East Sussex
So hard to tell if Rambo's putting on any weight. I think he is. Last time the vet weight-taped him he was 350g ... She saw him since but didn't have the weight tape (need to buy one!!) and said she thought his neck and back were starting to fill out a bit. But so hard to tell *sob* ...

Doesn't help that all my pics are always of him hooning around like a loon. He's certainly got his spark back is up for a gallop most days ...

Image9.jpg

Image1.jpg

Image4_001.jpg

Image7.jpg

Image8.jpg

YAY it's Rambo, he's such a gorgeous boy.
He looks to me like he's put a bit of weight on, but then i can't exactly remeber what he looked like tbh!

Just know he's still just as gorgeous just has more of a spark in his eye now!

xx

just has more of a spark in his eye now!

:D :D I think so ... Even his bad eye seems to be more open these days and I don't see him looking sorry for himself as often.

Spring grass :D

Whats his history, always wondered!! How long you had him?

Not rude at all -- here's the short version :p.

I've had him for about 16 years - he was my pride and joy as a teenager - we evented and did really well in all three disciplines. Then he showed some arthritic changes in his knees when he was only 16/17 and he was retired to light hacking. In 2001 I had to move to the UK (I was living in France with my boy). Rambo stayed behind in France and lived out in the mountains having the time of his life. I spent 4-5 months a year in France at that point, so was still riding him a lot (hacking only and a tiny bit of schooling). In 2005 my family moved to Brussels and I moved Rambo up to be near them -- by then I was settled in the UK, but was no longer riding at all and had No Money :(. His new yard was full livery/retirement. HUGE pastures and 90 or so horses. Rambo hung out with the stallions and lived the happy retired life and all was well until -BAM October 2007 he lost all his summer weight sooo quickly. Had a tooth infection and went off his food. Stayed off his food after the teeth was sorted. Vet couldn't care less, said well he's old what do you expect. So he was microchipped in November, passported in December (old papers apparently not updateable) and transported to the UK in January (since I had finally started riding and keeping horses again). Here he colicked, had more teeth problems and was generally upset for a bit ... BUT is now eating well (appetite good) and has clean bill of health from vet ... I was scared it was the end of him, but with some luck we can give him some more time to enjoy the country of rolling green hills!

Bet that was more info than you ever wanted!

Last edited:
Welll! What a story!!!

Well done for keeping him through, bet hes very happy back with his mummy!!!!!!!!:)

He looks great and I bet your just happy he is alive and well.:)

He looks great after whats hes been through!!

Well goood luck for the future!!:D:D:D:D:D

If I were you I would be deciding what areas you most want to keep an eye on and get some pics.

Then keep doing more of the same places every month and you have yourself an acurate record of his progress ;)

He does look full of character :D

Joyscarer,

That's a good idea ... I have been taking pics from behind as I find it hard to evaulate huis hind end by eye/memory ... I'll do withers and neck as well or something.

He is full of character. He's a typical highly strung, high maintenance, senile old booger :D :D

newrider.com