No riding tomorrow :(

RayRay

Jan 8, 2017
So I had a canceled my riding lesson for tomorrow Yesterday as my backs still bothering me from my fall last week(nothing to do with coferdince just pain)

I wasn't on the holiday(even if I had one I wouldnt have fited it). But I will be form now on either borrowed form my riding school or my own which I plan on geting(I was wore one on my last lesson). I might go out tomorrow and see because I need to shop for a new hat. Falling off doesn't just hurt your body it hurts your back account. Went to the doctor's this morning and he thinks I've bruised my back which is what I was surpsecting

Very wise to cancel - pain is not conducive to good riding! Rest up and enjoy your next one. :)

Reactions: Trewsers
I dont know when I'll be able to ride again and I know the longer it takes the Hardee's it's going me

The pain is only reason. The doctors said it's going to less for a while.

Oh what a shame, well, if it takes a while then so be it. Lots of healing vibes for it - you can always spend more "horsey" time on here lol or get a fix reading some horse mags.

I know its just it's going to be harder to get back on the longer it tske. I'm already had a bit of a moment when I monteretlly said I didn't want to ride anymore and then told myself not to redicous

Stop building it up into something it isn't. You had a fall doing something you don't normally do on a horse you don't normally ride - it isn't likely to occur again in your usual rides. And realistically if we're daft enough to get on them then there's going to be times we come off, if you can't deal with that it's the wrong hobby. Going over and over it in your mind is only going to make it worse.

If there isn't physical damage like a break then I'd be inclined to ring the school and ask if you can book a quiet walk around on a rock solid horse just so you've been back on. Take your painkillers at a suitable time before and put on your body protector. At least that way you've been back on and you can stop telling yourself it'll be hard because you've left it for a while.

I still sticking to it's not a good idea to while still In pain which the riding school would agree.. I apperate you trying to give advice. I know it isn't likely to happen again for a while. I was just saying. Thank you for a advice however it doesn't help :) and I don't want to cause any misunderstanding again :)

I was not saying I wasn't going to ride again. I know going over in my mind doesn't help but due to how my brain works.

If it's any consolation at all, I build things up - when we moved the horses up here it was very hard for me as prior to it, Storm had been lame and not ridden for a long while. I literally had to put the body protector on and be led about in a small paddock until I felt okay about it. I was really worried - and it was a long time since I'd fallen off her. You are not alone - and yes it does hurt - but try to remember all your great rides on your lessons. I am sure there have been plenty. That's what I do now with Zi. I went through a phase of being really scared riding him - (still not hundred percent) and Mr T said just remember the good rides and how good he has been in the past. I still find it difficult and I am sure my anxiety about it is something a lot of riders would not understand. I don't talk about it on here that much.

Reactions: Huggy and carthorse
You dont need to delete posts. Everybody has wobbles with nerves and falls. Like I said the other day when I fell off. Some you just laugh off and get back on, others take a bit of time to get over. I've had a couple of painful falls but I'm still riding.
Once you get back on board we want to know about it. So you better post and tell us about it.

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com