NR Calendar?!

Tink!

Sep 27, 2005
Lytham St Annes, Lancashire
Evening All,

Just having a think today, and how many of us get 'horsey' calenders at christmas with pictures of random Horses. What about creating an NR Calender (Mods i do hope this is ok!).

This is how i was thinking it could work. Obviously there are 12 months of the year... so that creates 12 spaces for pictures of NR Horses. Now to make this slightly even...
(Plus the Cover Picture!).

We can have a little bit of photo shop magic and create each months picture like this...

untitled1.jpg

I have just knocked this up on Paint, and will however make sure the 'actual' picture is full edited with my programe and will look rather Smart!

Ive been Looking around online and few places will do this for around £5-6! Which Plus me posting out to you when they all arrive, your probably looking at a maximum £7.50 for a calendar that stars your horse!

Now this is how i was thinking it could work.

Each Month there is a theme...

January = Field Shots (Winter Look)
February = Ridden Shots
March = Playful Shots
April = Jumping Shots
May = Foals & Yearlings
June = Showing/Dressage Shots
July = Field Shots (Summer Look)
August = Riding or Playing on the Beach Shots
September = Cross Country/Hunting Shots
Ocotber = Coloured/Spotties/Roans or Palaminos (Any sort of Shot)
November = Bays/Blacks/Grey (Any sort of shot)
December = Christmas Shots! (You may want to take them this Xmas!)

Ok, once you have taken or decided which shot you would like to be considered, you will send it to this e-mail address - NRcalendar@hotmail.com
You will need to put this information on the e-mail body -
NR Name:
Actual Name:
Name of Horse:
Which Month of Calendar:

You will need to save each picture you send in with your NR Name - the Month you would like the photo in. Please do this is will keep things orgainsed!

There will be a maximum of 6 Pictures on each Month in the form of a collage which will be posted before sent to the printers!

You will have until the end of April 09 to send in your pictures. Then throughout May we will have 'voting' Where the pictures will be posted, and a voting system put in place, the top 6 will make the calendar.

I will set up a photo bucket account that will be made public and each picture received will be uploaded for you to have a pre nosey!

At the end of May when all the votes have been counted the annoucment of who & which picture has made the calendar will be annouced!

I will then find out the total price of each calendar, and advise you the cost. I will set up a paypal account and payments can be made, once all payments are in i will order the correct amount of calendars, then post them all out to you in time for christmas and new year 2010!

Does this sound like a good idea, and would you all be interested in it?

Mods do you think this could maybe made into a sticky thread?

So let me know your thoughts, or get sending in your Pictures! :)

I think its a great idea! Although i think you showld make sure all pics are of a high quallity!

It is a really really good idea. I like the monthly theme idea, maybe the best way to choose would be via a small NR photoshow or something, where the photo with the most votes gets chosen or something (could be done with a poll come to think of it)

Yes thats what i was thinking, a poll on NR where everyone can vote for there favorite, and the top 6 of every month will be in the calendar.

Im sure evryone sending in Pictures will choose the best ones they have. There is until April to take pictures so loads of time to choose and get taking! :)

The other forum i frequent has been doing calendars with forum members horses in it... all monies raised goes to that years sponsored charities... Also alongside the big main picture for each month you could have two or three smaller pics, to get more horses in...

You need to make sure that the chosen pic will enlarge enough not to come out grainy when it is printed.

Good Luck on this, tis a fab idea, and makes it all the more special because you "know" abit about the horse on each month.... Fame at last, lol!!

thats a really good idea but i dont ave a paypal account as im only 16 :( do you think i could send a cheque???

Obviously theres some fine tuning that needs doing on it. We can do it online and have it printed and charge maybe an extra £1 for eaxh calendar that will go to a nominated charity (horse related!). Payment wise we'll look at that nearer the time im sure there will be loads of options avaliable that will suit all ages.

But for now get picture taking, and have your horse star in his own Calendar! :)

newrider.com