Numnah colour for Brown tack on a bay horse

Expatmum

May 5, 2015
Hi,
Today I've bought a Hastilow GP for my bay TB. It's brown, which is not my first choice for tack colour but was the best fit for him.
Please can I have some advice for colours to match this? He had a bright turquoise blue Numnah and boots for the borrowed black tack which clashes horribly now. He's a dark bay.
I would like to try to go matchy matchy if possible with boots etc so any suggestions for that too would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks a lot

I love brown tack with cream sheepskin numnahs. If your wanting more colour a classic navy trimmed with red and white numnahs also go well with dark bays and brown saddles and I'm sure you could match some boots up with those colours in. x

I am a bore, I have a black numnah with a black saddle. Simple.
I don't use boots except hoof boots and they are, black too :)

I have brown tack, and put any colour with it! Mostly pink, but the odd green, burgundy, purple... Brown tack looks good on most horses, and goes with everything.

I think turquoise looks really good with brown - also yellow or pink. Black with brown tack on a bay would be very smart. But I'm a traditionalist - I have a brown numnah for my brown saddle, or white for dressage.

Thanks very much for all your suggestions! I'm going shopping tomorrow so will see what I end up with!

I think burgundy and dark green look very smart on bay and brown horses, and with brown tack. As an aside, I don't like navy on bays, and don't understand why so many rugs come in navy!

I think burgundy and dark green look very smart on bay and brown horses, and with brown tack. As an aside, I don't like navy on bays, and don't understand why so many rugs come in navy!
I think blue clashes with my brown mare, but I'm not fussed about rug colour anyway, once they've worn it it's no longer the original colour, but a muddy brown!

Reactions: Bodshi
d2c63b54e2db9f52e408d08833fac886.jpg

I used pink on Oscar who was bay, he looked awesome in pink! OH hated it though, thought it was very unsuitable for a gelding.

newrider.com