Offering to Help about the SPAM

Frances144

Spam Sniper!
Dec 21, 2011
8,359
3,302
113
Shetland, UK
www.myshetland.co.uk
I am offering my assistance/time to this forum to help keep the Spam content down on a twice daily basis.

IMHO, I think the huge spam amount is strangling the forum and deterring new threads/answers from being seen. It is probably not helping newer members either.

I am very happy just to get rid of spam and nothing else. I would not intentionally interfere with threads unless requested by other Admin.

I hope I am not treading on feet but honestly the spam quantity is ridiculous. I do not want to offend anyone either.
 
Last edited:
I am offering my assistance/time to this forum to help keep the Spam content down on a twice daily basis.

IMHO, I think the huge spam amount is strangling the forum and deterring new threads/answers from being seen. It is probably not helping newer members either.

I am very happy just to get rid of spam and nothing else. I would not intentionally interfere with threads unless requested by other Admin.

I hope I am not treading on feet but honestly the spam quantity is ridiculous. I do not want to offend anyone either.
I think that's a really super offer and I hope Mike sees this thread - thank you in advance. I think too think that the amount of spam is causing folk to just look away.
 
Maybe there is a setting that new members need approval before being allowed to post.
I have seen on some fb groups that you cannot comment unless you have joined for twenty four hours, I believe that was to stop people trolling what they randomly find.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Trewsers
I never understand the reasoning because it's so random, you are unlikely to sell products that way as surely everyone just ignores.
 
I think the spam is actually AI bots
I just looked and there are five members online and 3800 guests. Those are not human.
 
And again this morning more spam. I hate having to trawl through it all to find an actual real thread. I clicked on one because I thought it was a newcomer but it wasn't - just more spam! ugh. I'm also happy to help get shut of it.
 
newrider.com