Offfft what a rip off

CharliesAngel

Jan 15, 2010
do any of you regularly get your nails done?

I have never had mine done, ever. I treated myself today though to an hour long manicure, including a hand massage and treatment for your hands/cuticles and nail polish of your choice. Ive got a couple of things coming up this weekend/next week so thought it would be nice for a change to look ladylike!

Well, it wasn’t relaxing at all :( The woman chatted across me to someone else half of the time, whacked on some handcream and tbh didn't even rub it in well and there was no nice massage. Ok so the nail polish looks nice enough but I paid £27 for this and came home with my clothes absolutely reeking of smoke too, even my hands smelled of smoke. No offence to any smokers but I really dislike the smell and had hoped I may come home with my hands smelling nicely of lavender or similar!

Now to try and not chip it....

Oh I would be very cross - how rude and unprofessional? I used to be a smoker but have to say even at my worst I still was very careful to not smoke anywhere near non smokers etc. I think I would have been cross too if someone left me smelling like a dirty old ashtray for £27!

I have never had my nails done. But if I did I would go back to the hairdressers that did my hair.
Everyone was very nice, took their time and whether I visited once or regularly I was still an important customer.
I wouldn't be happy either if you didn't feel you are getting the service you have paid for.

What was it you had done because I don't understand the list. :oops:

Doesn't sound very professional at all. I don't get my nails done often, maybe once a year as my daughter-in-law is a beautician. I have found it very relaxing so yeah I think you have been ripped off. But hey you live and learn and I'm sure you wont be back to her again.;)

I'd be very cross!

I get mine done once a fortnight, it's a gel polish and despite my nails doubling as grooming kit & occasional hoofpick it easily lasts that long & would do longer if they didn't grow so fast. I find the gel protects my nails from damage, though I am lucky that they're naturally very good. As for keeping my hands half way decent enough to not shame my nails, I keep handcream everywhere & use it - my current favourites are Ponds Shea Butter & Ponds Coconut Oil (though have to be a bit careful around Little Un with that, he tries to lick it all off!).

I've never paid for it and I would be steaming if that is what I got for £27 :mad: My sister has her own salon (she does mine if we have a family gathering or the like) and she would be mortified if her customers were treated like that, even when she was a smoker she never smoked in her uniform or during work hours, it puts customers off!

That's not cheap for a manicure and the smell of smoke sounds just hideous. Not much you can do except leave a poor review on Facebook or wherever and never go back!

I’d have asked her to stop personally. I can’t stand the smell of smoke it makes me ill so if she stank that bad I wouldn’t have been able to sit there. Also the talking away from me rather than to me would also have had me getting up to leave.

I can’t stand professionals doing a job being that rude. You are at your work act like it and give the service you advertise.

As a country I think we are too polite sometimes and just sit there dealing with this type of thing rather than make a fuss. I used to be like that but not anymore. Being assertive isnt the same as being a moan.

newrider.com