OH loves 'fluffy legs' my horse search just got harder!!

cobmum

Sep 13, 2009
Middlewich
As some of you may know my OH is Australian and before he came to the uk he had never seen a horse with feathers aka fluffy legs (Bless him :biggrin:)

I am a massive fan of horses with masses of the feather and long flowing manes and tails (i used to own a rather hairy tradtional cob) Now it seems that i have managed to turn my OH into a fan too!

Eachtime i show him a pic of a horse i have found (we are looking to buy or full time loan) he comments that they just look like all the horses back home and can i find one with fluff!!:help:

I am so glad he is enthusiastic but may make my search rather difficult unless someone has a hairy clydesdale x going spare??? :wink:

Wow - you got an Australian man with taste! I didn't know they existed!!:bounce: I can say that as an Aussie.

He obviously knows the best kind of horses come with 'fluffy feet' as my god daughter says.

Maybe worth getting in touch with someone like Anne from the Cumbrian Heavy Horses - might know of peeps nearby with some big uns for sale. Long shot but worth a try, I've just been on her website for a nosey and she does have some links for other sites but nothing I can see. There are heaps up this way!!

Maybe worth getting in touch with someone like Anne from the Cumbrian Heavy Horses - might know of peeps nearby with some big uns for sale. Long shot but worth a try, I've just been on her website for a nosey and she does have some links for other sites but nothing I can see. There are heaps up this way!!

Thats a really good idea, it cant do any harm she might just know of something :wink:

Good luck with that Cobmum given her recent very rude Facebook comment about weight limits.

I don't disagree with weight limits, just thought it was really rude and not very educational. Not a person I personally would want to be dealing with.

http://www.facebook.com/cumbrianhea...es/weight-limit-on-our-horses/171467262872230

He is gorgeous! They say he's been backed... you could buy him and spend the rest of the money getting him brought on.... Just kidding!

picture.php

This sort of fluffy.

This is my latest bit of fluff, you can't see the feathers under the mud but even though cut dreadlocks off she's still full of tuft and fluff.

I was in Amsterdam over the weekend and there were some horse pulling carriages. I mentioned that they had feathers to someone i was with. Their reply 'are they born with them or do the stick them on?' :bounce: Hair extentions for horses???

maybe not as fluffy as he wants but this guy sounds lovely

17hh Boulonnaise Ride and Drive Gelding- New
Boulonnaise gelding, 17hh, 4 years old, ride and drive. Pure bred, branded, with papers. Passport and chipped.
Big friendly giant, bombproof in traffic. Ideal horse for weddings as pure white and strong enough for the carriage.
Only selling as over stocked. Good home essential for this big lad.
Price: £2,500 ono
Phone: 07971 674483
Email:moffatt61@aol.com

sadly no photo

15.2hh Irish Riding Gelding
Handsome chunky middleweight Irish cob, smart looking. 5 years old, 15.2hh bay gelding. Good to hack in traffic, alone or in company.
Quiet, snaffle mouth ride with three straight correct paces. Still green but willing to learn.
Quiet temp with manners. No vices or blemishes. Will make nice all round, family, riding school cob.
Price: £2,250
Phone: 07901 831561
Email: info@equestrianimports.co.uk

horse18930-1.jpg

Good luck with that Cobmum given her recent very rude Facebook comment about weight limits.

I don't disagree with weight limits, just thought it was really rude and not very educational. Not a person I personally would want to be dealing with.

http://www.facebook.com/cumbrianhea...es/weight-limit-on-our-horses/171467262872230

Hmpf, I was planning on going to her one year for a beach ride, looks like I won't be now. I won't part with my money to a rude person like that.

Tiga : Where abouts in Aus are you from ? I'm another Aussie :happy:

15.2hh Irish Riding Gelding
Handsome chunky middleweight Irish cob, smart looking. 5 years old, 15.2hh bay gelding. Good to hack in traffic, alone or in company.
Quiet, snaffle mouth ride with three straight correct paces. Still green but willing to learn.
Quiet temp with manners. No vices or blemishes. Will make nice all round, family, riding school cob.
Price: £2,250
Phone: 07901 831561
Email: info@equestrianimports.co.uk

horse18930-1.jpg

I love this guy i have looked at him a few times, our budget was between 1-2K but think it maybe worth saving for a bit longer to get a guy like this :inlove:

newrider.com