OMG I'm bigger than my pony!!

Dizzy Woo

Apr 20, 2008
Dorset
Shock, horror, my friend took this pic of me today (I'm the one at the back) and even though I have lost stone and a half, there is nothing I can do about my 'length' and I hope it's just the camera angle but I look mahoooosive on her :mad: still got lots of weight to lose but it's not going to change my length is it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    580.8 KB · Views: 67
I'm 5ft 2" and daisy is 13.2, never noticed before how far down my legs are!!
I love her to bits and would never change her, but if her little legs could sprout about 4 inches she'd be perfect
PS you look fab on yours x

Relax, it's just the angle! You're closer to the camera than Daisy and it's making the picture top heavy. Daisy's head is hiding most of her body too, which makes it look as if she's tiny. Your leg length looks fine.

I admit I often look at pics of me and Raf and think OMG my legs hang down too much, but he doesn't seem to mind so I try not to worry! I'm 5'7 and Raf is about 15 hh but he's so narrow.

Reactions: Dizzy Woo
I'm 5ft7.5 and I ride a 15hh midget. Thankfully she's fairly chunky but still look a little top heavy at some angles. Providing the pony carries you fine and you feel happy on board, that's all that matters really. My first horse was 16.2, and I looked bigger on him than I do on my midget (she's the smallest on our land out of 6 horses, so a midget :p)

I torment myself all the time that I am too big for Albi (and Joe, for that matter!) and some photos make me look huge and then others I don't think I look so bad. I think it all depends on the camera angle. When Dom takes photos of us from on Jack, I look like I'm riding a 12hh pony!!

Er, I think you look fine on her. And if she is happy and comfortable carrying you then it doesn't matter anyway. I look big on anything smaller than 16hh... gave up caring a long time ago!

your legs look fine, I look the same on my 13.2, I am 5'3''. Its the camera angle, as long as the pony is chunky and can wear a long enough saddle for you to fit in height is not that important as long as you can balance. Its just that we are used to seeing grown ups on horses, not ponies. Most chunky ponies can carry an adult, and do not struggle in the least.

You look fine !

Mine is only 15.3 but he is very deep in the girth and chest so takes my leg happily.

I am at the opposite end. Ben is 16.1hh and very wide and I am only 5ft 2. When I see photos on myself riding him I look so small and far too short for him. I know that he would be easier to ride if my legs were longer so I could wrap them around him properly. The only thing I would change is to have him just a bit smaller!

newrider.com