One week on.

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
This morning I got to Ale's field, he raised his head and called once to me then head back down grazing. Gave him his little breakfast which he munched contently whilst I topped up and sieved the dead flies out his water buckets (does anyone else do this lol) Then he came over to see what I was doing so gave him a little fuss and a few scratches, asked him to back up which he did obediently so gave him a little treat. Then it was time to head to work so a final pat and I left him. He stood and watched me walk away then went back to grazing next to the fence where the horse in the neighbouring field was grazing too. First day he hasn't called whilst I have walked away.

After work I will head up there to poo pick, which takes all of 5 mins! (Used to do 20mins a day!) Then I get my grooming bucket and walk over to the tree. He comes over and waits to be tied up patiently. I sort his feet and give him a quick groom which he seems to enjoy and then I leave him with a little hay.

Just love our new routine, he seems so chilled out, no gypsies for a whole week,no drama :D

And even better they have another grass livery coming today, she was Ment to come last week but there was a delay. So he will have a neighbour who won't keep changing which will be nice for him.

So happy finally :D

Sounds good. I do the seive thing too! Great for getting shavings out of water buckets inside too, specially when you've just filled them with clean fresh water and they flick up a load of bedding!

I thought it was probably someone on here that put the idea into my head!

When I fill a fresh bucket for Cally the first thing she does with it is take a mouthful, swill it round her mouth then let it all dribble out again into the bucket. This leaves her bucket full of half chewed grass pieces, spittle etc and it looks foul. Immediately. But that's clearly how she likes it as she does that a few times before the deigns to drink anything from it.

Reactions: Trewsers
When I fill a fresh bucket for Cally the first thing she does with it is take a mouthful, swill it round her mouth then let it all dribble out again into the bucket. This leaves her bucket full of half chewed grass pieces, spittle etc and it looks foul. Immediately. But that's clearly how she likes it as she does that a few times before the deigns to drink anything from it.

Lol Bit like ours then! OH is always telling me I fuss too much over their water buckets, he always says well, you should see what they drink in the field! I have seen mine drink from a puddle too - eek!

newrider.com