Our present from Fits is here(pics)!

Little Dolphins

Nov 8, 2005
Angel is here! OK everyone, these pics were taken in the first few minutes of her arrival. Our resident whippets are having a good look at her...
Andthentherewere3.jpg

Girly meets Boy! Get that coy expression,eh?
Andttw3iv.jpg

Girly and Girly
andthentherewere3iii.jpg

Are there fairies at the bottomof this garden?
Andttw3v.jpg

Mmm, is that IT? Think it'll do!
Andttw3vi.jpg

She's a SWEETHEART!:D Thank-you Fits!!!:D

Wow she's a lot bigger isnt she?

I must clarify that I've never met a pedigree/purebred whippet before and she was so thin when we found her I didnt know what she was. My own dog is always referred to as a whippet, but he is almost as tall as her. After much consultation we reckon she's 1/4 staffie and 3/4 greyhound.

She looks so well.. even after her 10 days in the kennels. Hope she settles in ok now..

Just looked at pics again, she is so glossy and has put on sooo much weight, she is unrecognisable almost.

OH has a lump in his throat seeing a black girly greyhoundy in the garden; he was devoted to our oldy Elke, and Angel behaves in the same sweet way.

So he's well and truly a gonner! Just looked in the office, and there is Angel, lying quietly at the master's feet... the whippets just won't do that, too restless.

We are thinking she's all greyhound, just small. They do come in all kinds of sizes, specially the girls .
(Actually, Rhu, the boy whippet is v big for his breed- hard to tell from the pics. The girl, Minnow, is a bit small, like an Italian Greyhound.)

Doesn't the red collar Fits got for Angel look gorgeous? Glad you think she's looking well, Fits, she seems to have survived all the changes very well indeed. Reckon she's a tough 'un!

Ah that is too sweet. And I'm delighted she has settled down well!. Fingers crossed for her now. Did her elephant toy and blanket arrive too? Her fosterer gave her those.

Your whippies are the most beautiful colour. I'm absolutely addicted to sighthounds.

OH has a lump in his throat seeing a black girly greyhoundy in the garden; he was devoted to our oldy Elke, and Angel behaves in the same sweet way.

So he's well and truly a gonner! Just looked in the office, and there is Angel, lying quietly at the master's feet... the whippets just won't do that, too restless.

We are thinking she's all greyhound, just small. They do come in all kinds of sizes, specially the girls .
(Actually, Rhu, the boy whippet is v big for his breed- hard to tell from the pics. The girl, Minnow, is a bit small, like an Italian Greyhound.)

Doesn't the red collar Fits got for Angel look gorgeous? Glad you think she's looking well, Fits, she seems to have survived all the changes very well indeed. Reckon she's a tough 'un!

dogshearts_sm_clr.gif
Oh LD!

What an exciting day for you!

Looks like the other two are taking to her well enough considering it is early days.

All the very best to you all ---- lots of scratches around the ear and rubs of the tummy from 'ere in Surrey.

Awwwwww! I'm sure OH is thrilled to have her at his feet. What a charmer, eh? She knows mum's a gonner but I better work on the big fella too and then I'm definately staying!

arg-i-love-my-dog-120x88-url.gif

OHHHH! :D Be still my beating heart LD!!!!

She is JUST GAW-JUS!!!! Deffo looks more greyhoundy to me than whippie.... that long snout gives her away... :p And those beeeee-u-tiful brown eyes.... awwwwww!!!!!

But her expression in the "Girlie meets boy" photo just melted my heart!!!! :)

Welcome Angel....... :D

Cheers for the cheers peeps!:D

Aaaaaaawwww, she's is deffo a charmer, as W'jit says, and clever with it.
She has out-manoeuvred the whippets from a whole sofa, and is nursing Minnow's toy duck (cos sadly, Fits, no ELEPHANT!).

Just looked over at her- little puffy snoring sounds- zzzzzzzzzz! Angel is plum tuckered out, bless her white socks.

I told HQ this evening about our new family member,and she seemed to say: "I bet she's not as lovely as meeee":D

(cos sadly, Fits, no ELEPHANT!).

Just looked over at her- little puffy snoring sounds- zzzzzzzzzz! Angel is plum tuckered out, bless her white socks.

I told HQ this evening about our new family member,and she seemed to say: "I bet she's not as lovely as meeee":D

OH NO!, Ah it doesnt matter now she's in a cosy home, it was more to keep her company when she was in the kennels. She loved that elephant.. Are you sure you cant take a 3MB e-mail, its in one of the shots... Nice photos of her too.
Glad she is so relaxed, thats just great...
Harley is just out on her own (she's absolutely right)

How are the other two reacting to their new companion and couch stealer?

:D

Last edited:
God love her she's gorgeous.. but surely that's a glimmer of disapointment in her eyes- I'm sure I can almost hear her thinking 'well, it's lovely here and all, but it's just not Somerset...'!!;) ;)

Seriously, glad to see she's settled in so well and is making herself at home:D

The whippies are a bit discombobulated- yes, I think that's the word for it- discombobulated: or-:confused:

They've curled up together at the other end of the room, planning how to get the duck back:D

They've all had a few play-bursts together, mad prancing and racing up and down:eek:
(But we are used to that in this place. No good trying to have a nice carpet or nuffink :rolleyes: heeh hee)

Tonight I'm gonna try to sleep on whatever bit of the sofa I can scrounge, just to keep an eye on things
;)
might hide the duck;) ;)

Tonight I'm gonna try to sleep on whatever bit of the sofa I can scrounge, just to keep an eye on things
;)
might hide the duck;) ;)[/QUOTE]

Not a bad idea at all. you could even close the crate.. I know exactly how you feel with the discombobulation.. Bob was seemingly a bit put out when Angel stayed the night (OH was there, I wasnt).
Angel took over the couch that night as well... typical I think she'd love to snuggle up with other dogs.

Hope the house of LD had a good night :)

I think we need more pictures today, just to prove Angel is still there and hasn't been dognapped by HC :D

newrider.com