Our xmas day hack

Nookster

Oct 21, 2002
Had a lovely xmas - spent the morning with our adorable animals :eek:

Haven't ridden in a while with weather (ice mainly), work and a change in routine - would say its touching on 2 months since i have been on voltan :eek:

Wasn't missing out on our xmas day hack though but was quietly crapping myself as our last hack we had somewhat of a napping fit leaving the yard were my darling boy after a night in decided he would explode and give a mini version of the bull machines......
After another night in he was fresh as a pansy but we went for it. He was full of life and on his toes but soon settled thankfully

My boy

DSCF7458.jpg

DSCF7460.jpg

my darling boy decided it was better to jog and bring his back end up ready to buck. look like i'm gobbing him here - desperate to get his attention. my face says it all.... oh god please don't hit concrete again!!!
DSCF7461.jpg

scared deer
DSCF7463.jpg

DSCF7465.jpg

i seem more chilled but that could just be wind :p
DSCF7464.jpg

Away for our hack
DSCF7467.jpg

My second baby - Odin though went for a walk in hand as hes not been in work since his lameness in september couple of rides but nothing much and has lost condition more then i realised. So going to build him back up slowly. He did get his new bridle today though :D so once he's ready he'll be out plodding too

my big lad
DSCF7469.jpg

DSCF7470.jpg

DSCF7475.jpg

and our two babys who joined us and santa ;)

DSCF7478.jpg

DSCF7492.jpg

DSCF7488.jpg

waiting for their stockings
DSCF7496.jpg

Hope you all had a lovely day

Thanks guys. was nice and quiet on the roads again today. wish everyday was like that. sadly spent the afternoon in the vets with my wee munchkin ellie who isn't very well :(

Yes the roads were lovely yesterday. I had a little hack out in the afternoon, only for half an hour, it was so quiet, I met an old lady out walking who asked to stroke my mare, she used to be a horse owner, she said, and had been hoping to see a horse on her walk. Her own had died when it was 29 some years ago. So I think it made her happy to meet us.
It was a nice ride.

Voltan is looking great - Christmas day rides are one of the best bits of horse ownership :) We went a different way from normal and passed the back gardens of a whole row of houses and two people came out to take pictures of the big dirty horse with the rider all dressed in red :D Think they thought santa had got lost and had to subsitute a reindeer for a huge muck covered snorty monster!
Glad to hear Odin is sound after all the setbacks, he is looking lovely too :)

it was so quiet, I met an old lady out walking who asked to stroke my mare, she used to be a horse owner, she said,
I have had this before, I hope someone will let me pet their horses when I am old and creaky (or at least, older and creakier ;))

thanks for lovely comments

Think I miss most about not having a horse in work is not being able ride on Christmas and New Years day :(

If you wanna have a shot on him just shout, hes very placid lad

Fab pics - where did you get the dog jumpers from please? I could only find ones for little dogs, but need them the size of yours :)

I got their jumpers from robinsons :)

newrider.com