Permission to rejoin the cantering club please!

happyhacker101

Mar 19, 2007
scotland
Archie and I have been getting out and about a couple of times a week and am feeling a tiny bit more confident about riding him again:D We havent had a rerun of "mum, look I can jump the stream" so everythings been going really well.

Took him out yesterday and it was too hot to even trot much but I went earlier this morning and we cantered!! My friend popped up and rode Robbie so we had company, went for a little trot and thought "s@d it," asked for a canter and off we went - was lovely to be able to canter again.

Am hoping to be able to keep this confidence level up - will have to wait and see:eek:

Last edited:
Oh yes - definately agree - permission well and truly granted and also a little gold star now reinstated next to your name on the nervous nelly board!:D;)

Well done!
It must been great feeling to canter. I can't canter but will be brave to try soon.:)
Horses need happy confident riders. There is nothing better than good partnership between horse and rider.

Blush -:eek: Role model - moi?..... Archie and I are trying so hard to make each other happy at the moment - his previous owner said how honest he is and I did believe her but its taken him ages to settle ..... but 18 months down the line I finally think we could be getting somewhere!

newrider.com