Plans for 2016?

To help her leg heal enough for us to pootle happily about the place.
To encourage Chloe to enjoy her in hand walks and maybe even play with a few poles and obstacles
To move house and hopefully become the proud owned of two more rideables
To encourage OH to pursue his dream of riding again (dependent on above happening)

To keep ale fit and well and keep praying that his leg holds up!
Try xc
Enter some more dressage tests and maybe try a prelim
Try and combat my hacking nerves to go further and faster than this summer!

Get my tonsils sorted and stick to a dairy free
diet so I feel the best I can.
Cycle further and faster than this year :p
Move out and move away from London whilst also securing an equally good job as I have here (this one is going to be the tough one!)

Continue my weekly lessons and perhaps look at sharing again in the spring/summer. I really would like to learn how to canter confidently and who knows, if all goes well, maybe even try a bit of jumping.
What I reeeallyyy want though is to feel more comfortable and confident around horses. Not sure how this will happen, but I shall try :)

Work out so epically at the gym that I finally see my abs (as opposed to them being covered by a layer of fat :s )

My RI has recently resigned from my RS...so I'll be looking for a new instuctor :( Very sad as she's been amazing.

To try and hack out a bit more - I'm a bit of a wuss about leaving the cosy and (relatively) safe school environment.

Like you @AliciaA, to feel more confident on the ground with horses. Might look at volunteering at my local RDA to help with this and help a great charity at the same time.

Becoming more Confident riding Andi.
Eventually going to a trail with Sonny and Andi and riding at least part of the trail on Andi.
Going to some Versatility. My trainer said he would go with Andi and it would be fun
to enter twice and have us both ride both horses.
Be much more comfortable trailering.

In the summer there is an awesome versatility at the Marshfield fair but its not anywhere near
in my driving comfort zone!!-- I would love to go there!!

Maybe do a couple hunter paces.

Continue loosing some weight!

Reactions: Trewsers
Get my horse to the point I could say he was good in traffic, going to do some dressage lessons on him, although tbh I've never been that interested in it but going to give it a go anyway and see how he goes. Take my little project pony ( was rearer)to some unaff shows and some RC rallies. My 7 year old wants to do a jumping class off lead and my older daughter wants to do some showing. Not miss any PC or RC rallies. If I manage to achieve all that I'm going to look for a horse I can go back to do affil on late 2016 early 2017. x

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I'd like to score high sixties and be placed above fifth in a prelim. (I've got four fifths in the last couple of months.)

But my main goal is to be braver jumping. I'd really like to try a ODE (lowest level possible) but lack confidence at the mo after a few falls jumping.

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
I'm not making any plans for next year. It was my long term plan to try some competitive endurance rides, either back end of this season or next season, but that's scuppered now, as Prascend is a banned substance. I can still do the pleasure rides if Raf is fit enough and I suppose we're still ok for local jumping/dressage. I'm just going to take each day as it comes though and hope we get some good days :)

Put up a round pen. Actually get on my pony and ride a circle! Lots of in- hand desensitization stuff with the pony and donkey. Vehicles,flapping tarps,noisy plastic milk jugs full of rocks etc. Teach them both a good "Stand Still" no matter what's going on around them.

Practice one rein stops. I really like this guy, he trains Icelandic and other gaited horses but I think his first few videos are pertinent to any horse:

http://gudmar.com/gudmar-tv

Last edited:
Join the hacking tracking
Learn to jump
Buy a horse :)

These are very good goals! :)

Put up a round pen. Actually get on my pony and ride a circle! Lots of in- hand desensitization stuff with the pony and donkey. Vehicles,flapping tarps,noisy plastic milk jugs full of rocks etc. Teach them both a good "Stand Still" no matter what's going on around them.

Practice one rein stops. I really like this guy, he trains Icelandic and other gaited horses but I think his first few videos are pertinent to any horse:

http://gudmar.com/gudmar-tv

Very interesting videos Stamper, thank you

3 goals I think with the wee man

1: Gentle him driving, and do the shop run to the neighbouring village by cart!
2: be a good riding pony for my daughter
3: Go to the village show and be ridden by daughter in classes

I did have plans for this last year but they fell by the wayside so I'm not making any for the coming year until my hip is sorted out. It will be tempting fate otherwise.

You all have such interesting plans, I wish you all the best in achieving them.

newrider.com