Please don't throw eggs at me....

I am noting all the comments. I want to give the Ai system time to settle in and see what it produces. It ought to give a balance between adverts and user experience but may take a couple of weeks to run enough experiments to get there.

I am open to other suggestions for funding as an alternative to adverts. Subsciptions, donations, Patreon etc., they all could work.

Id prefer a subscription to patreon, I follow something else on there and it's an annoying site to look at anything on and doesn't work at all on my iPad, thankfully that other thing is only something I use very occasionally.

I had to look up patreon and I'm not totally sure what it is but I think I'd prefer
Subscription as well.
Is there some way for those of us who are paying now for the expanded access to maybe get less ads. I love this site and the people on it I'm very willing to pay a bit more.

I appreciate you are waiting for the AI @Mike but the new one at the bottom of the page is really irritating, it hops up when my keyboard comes up giving me only about an inch of actual viewing area to type in.
Screenshot_20181209-174927.png

I'm with you on this one Jessey. That's the one that's annoying me this week. On my phone it actually blocks the reply box so I have to scroll up the page to see what im writing on the first part of my reply. Which then means I loose my keyboard and I then have to click on the reply box to bring it back up. Complete faf.
Although as I'm typing this reply I notice it automatically disappeared after a couple of minutes.
Interesting my ad was for breast enlargement. As though I need any larger.

IPicsArt_12-09-06.12.19.jpg:(
Real struggle to post.

When we went subs people left. Recently more have left.
I am not sure if I would pay to stay as I am not really here just now.

Not complaining @Mike, just for feedback, my desktop currently has zero ads. The desktop is the least annoying place to have them as you can easily scroll by them, interesting perhaps that the phone has more now, but you can't scroll by them for your AI thingy to learn what we want to look at.

Awful today the spam was ridiculous ads cover my whole phone and I can’t see what I type half the time.

Love NR but really struggling to enjoy it now

Not complaining @Mike, just for feedback, my desktop currently has zero ads. The desktop is the least annoying place to have them as you can easily scroll by them, interesting perhaps that the phone has more now, but you can't scroll by them for your AI thingy to learn what we want to look at.

Do you have an ad blocker on your PC?

@ everyone - have you tried closing the ad using the little x in the top right corner of it?

I'm switching back to the previous setup and turning off the AI system. It was clear that it doesn't work well for forums on a small screen. Too many adverts in the wrong places leaving very little screen space left. In time it may have learnt the best combination but during that time you'd all probably have left as it was too intrusive - so somewhat self-defeating.

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
One advert at the bottom. But no trouble. Doesn't intrude.
Doesn't make me click either as not relevant.

newrider.com