Pony being properly taken care of?

livvyyyy

Apr 20, 2009
Yorkshire
Hi, well im asking this because I am concerned about my freind's pony.

I know that its none of my business but, my freind has never ridden a pony in her life, and got this pony because her grandmother passed away. She visits it every two days because it lives in manchester (she lives around leeds area)

So im presuming it gets no exercise, as she has absolutley no experience what-so-ever.
But will this horse be ok? Or should I tell her that she is being cruel by keeping it.

i wouldnt worry about the fact it isnt ridden, if they're out in the field etc. they dont need to be ridden really. how/where is she keeping this pony? at a yard?in a field? are there others in the field? does someone else check on it?

Aslong as the pony is happy in its surroundings and the new owner knows about things such as the farrier and worming then i dont really see a problem, two days isnt that long, lucky sometimes goes for upto 4 days with no proper attention other than someone quickly checking she isnt obviously injured and checking she'l stil there :eek:, dus any one check in on the pony the days she isnt there? x

Are there any other horses / horse owners in the same area, perhaps keeping horses in the same field?

newrider.com