Pony games at 48 years old

Throw a few sacks on the ground and a bit of musical chairs - i.e leaping off and standing on a sack when the music stops. The sack race, get in a sack and leap to the end of the track dragging your pony behind you. Cup and pole- grab a cup race to the end and put it on the pole then race back to the start line. Gretna Green -0 (not sure if 'elf and safety still allow this:rolleyes:) Race to the end - get yopur partner to leap on the back and then race back again riding two at breakneck speed!

Oh tis all endless fun, I was the Queen of the 'Open' Gymkhana - I handed over the victor's laurel reef when I turned 50 and moved back here!:D

Oooh, can I come? We played games one Christmas at the RS I used to go to. For a very un-competitive person I suddenly got horrendously competitive. I was on a horse renowned for bucking in lessons unless you rode him really quietly (my heart sank when I saw I was on him) but in the heat of the chase I forgot about the bucking and it turned out he was as competitive as I was and never even thought about it. Great fun!

Am I proud of myself for getting over excited and thrashing my lesson-mates who were all children? You bet!

Inflate a load of ballons and tie them to something then practice cantering past with a stabby stick and popping them!!

Reactions: Cortrasna
newrider.com