Post winter pics

MrA

Feb 8, 2012
Anyone want to share a pic of their horses current weight/ condition? I might be wrong and feel free to tell me otherwise but I think Ale looks spot on really? He's coped amazingly despite the atrocious weather, he might be a tad skinny but the grass is shooting through now so he will soon be putting on the weight again .Screenshot_2018-04-17-10-06-34.png

Anyone want to share a pic of their horses current weight/ condition? I might be wrong and feel free to tell me otherwise but I think Ale looks spot on really? He's coped amazingly despite the atrocious weather, he might be a tad skinny but the grass is shooting through now so he will soon be putting on the weight again .View attachment 92753
Hard to tell from your photo but he doesn’t look skinny to me, he looks like he’s wintered well :)
I’ll try and remember to get some of Belle later, I think she’s too heavy really for this time of year and I’m sure I’ll get told off again tomorrow when the vet comes to do her jabs.

Reactions: PePo and MrA
IMG_1887.jpg I think Ale looks good too. You can see he's lost some muscle but weight wise I think he looks good for a pony that 'blooms' enthusiastically when the grass comes through.

It's always a bit of a struggle with Raf to keep condition on him but I'm pleased with him this year - a few weeks ago he was looking a bit scrawny, not helped by the fact that he had shiny rubs from his numnah, my legs and his rug (always does at coat change time) but I think he's looking well now, especially as he hasn't been out on any grass yet - I took this pic at the weekend when I brought him round to our back garden just so he could have a bit of grass. I'm hoping it's his ulcer meds that have made the difference.

Blimey @Bodshi i can’t get over how white he’s looking now! He’s always so beautiful.

Thanks @Kite_Rider. He is getting quite fleabitten now, although you can't see on photos yet. Not sure he looks beautiful in that pic though - he found it all rather astonishing being in my back garden (so did my OH when he saw the hoof marks, even though I'd gone round pretending I was treading in the divots at a polo match - not that I've ever been to polo but I've read all about it in Jilly Cooper lol)

Hard to tell from your photo but he doesn’t look skinny to me, he looks like he’s wintered well :)
I’ll try and remember to get some of Belle later, I think she’s too heavy really for this time of year and I’m sure I’ll get told off again tomorrow when the vet comes to do her jabs.

Skinny for Ale I should of said :D when I hack I go past another haffy who's a bit on the rounder side and I think if I saw them together I would think ale was super slim! Quite alot of his shape is still hair if I'm honest!

My vet always says ale is overweight, but for once if he did I think I would ignore him!

Anyone want to share a pic of their horses current weight/ condition? I might be wrong and feel free to tell me otherwise but I think Ale looks spot on really? He's coped amazingly despite the atrocious weather, he might be a tad skinny but the grass is shooting through now so he will soon be putting on the weight again .View attachment 92753

I think he looks fab! Gorgeous mane too btw. I love his colouring.

This is Pete - taken yesterday.

UChcyq2.jpg

I'd like him to be slimmer really, but hoping now the better weather & lighter hours are here he'll lose the extra weight through extra riding. The Fat Club begins ... :D

Ale looks good @Ale - I think he could be slimmer without being underweight, but it's hard when they are retired!

Given all you've said @Bodshi I think Raf looks fab! How lovely you can take him home into your garden :)

View attachment 92755 It's always a bit of a struggle with Raf to keep condition on him but I'm pleased with him this year - a few weeks ago he was looking a bit scrawny, not helped by the fact that he had shiny rubs from his numnah, my legs and his rug (always does at coat change time) but I think he's looking well now, especially as he hasn't been out on any grass yet - I took this pic at the weekend when I brought him round to our back garden just so he could have a bit of grass. I'm hoping it's his ulcer meds that have made the difference.

I love that photo. Looking really well Imo.
I like his yes I will pose for this photo but my ear heard a bucket. I swear I heard a bucket or was it a polo wrapper.

Reactions: Bodshi
This is Pete - taken yesterday.
I'd like him to be slimmer really, but hoping now the better weather & lighter hours are here he'll lose the extra weight through extra riding. The Fat Club begins ... :D

Given all you've said @Bodshi I think Raf looks fab! How lovely you can take him home into your garden :)

I think Pete looks really well and like you say increased exercise now that summer is on the way at last will trim him up, especially when you start doing your planned long rides. How are you feeling now?

Not sure Raf will be visiting the back garden again, OH was less than impressed with the state of the lawn, oops :oops:

I don't think Ale looks skinny at all, he looks good and handsome as ever. They are naturally meant to lose condition ready for the spring grass and summer. Problem half the time they're kept fat by owners all through winter then pile more on in Spring/Summer.

@Bodshi Wow he's stunning! Looks good especially with the problems he's had recently.

@Pete's Mum I have a real soft spot for Pete, he's so cute. He looks well too and I'm sure will get trimmer now the weather is getting better and we can all get more hours in the saddle.

No recent photo of Lottie but she's put a bit more condition on which I'm pleased about, she was just starting to edge on the too slim side.

I’ve got some of Belle but can get them to resize off my phone for some reason. The only comment from the vet was ‘I wish all my patients were so good and she’s looking great for her age’ so can’t complain.

Reactions: PePo and Trewsers
newrider.com