QOD: What are your "Life's Little Luxuries"?

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
I'm a great lover of drinking water anyway but my little luxury is to buy 4x3ltr of carbonated spring (allegedly) water from Aldi for 99p and drink fizz. On my fasting days I can easily drink a 3ltr bottle which seems extravagant, but for less than 25p I don't care! :tongue: And all the bottles go the recycling centre too....

Nice wine, Bulmers Black Cherry cider (my current fave drink - like Vimto! But alcoholic, WIN ;)), Horse & Rider magazine and cheese 'n' onion crisps. I also like to treat myself to a nice cappuccino when I get the chance. All my money goes on the house/kids/pets though.

I get a veg box delivered from the local organic farm place once a fornight ( cant afford weekly!) but its so yummy and great fun to see whats in it ! and makes loads of meals ! so kind of a practical treat!

I also visit a local cafe once a week ( only open in summer) and have homemade Soup ( £2 ) and a slice of homemade cake (£1.20) and share the meal with my baba. We both throughly enjoy it!!

Lol my Avon shower gels!! I love the fruity ones - they are not expensive and smell great!!!
Also Subway coffee or Maccy D's coffee - it's a luxury these days as we don't go into town as much. Olives are a weekly treat too - with chilli oil! nom nom.
All our money pretty much goes on the horses and paying the bills atm.

Posh coffee for my filter machine, keep trying cheaper versions but it tastes vile in comparison!

Also my YSL Touché Eclat, a godsend for my baggy eyes!

Proper wkd not the cheap stuff
a costa hot chocolate
a pepperoni and kebab parmo from perfect parmo's - cost a fortune and are defo a diet luxuary :wub:

Also my YSL Touché Eclat, a godsend for my baggy eyes!

Don't know if they still do but Boots used to do their own version of this which was really good but about a quarter of the price, going back a few years though.

My treat is Belle to be honest, don't spend much on anything else although I do love nice soaps, can't use them (funny skin) just like pretty ones that smell nice.
Or my other little treat, notebooks, if I'm ever out somewhere crafty and see one with a gorgeous cover I just have to buy it.

Are we talking weekly treaties or monthly ones?

Weekly I meet a friend for coffee and go to Costa, working my way down the list of drinks. :)

I am partial to yoghurt, so sometimes splash out on the more expensive ones that your spoon stands up in.

Annually I get a local made ice cream and sit on the beach and find a nice place to have an cream tea.

Last edited:
Yep another one who's money goes on horses/dogs/chickens!

However I have just treated myself to new day to day underwear (from Ann summers much to my mothers horror!!) as they have a sale on and it's the only place I've found where underwear fits my annoying proportions!

That and liz Earle skin stuff - my skin is so sensitive it reacts with most products - decleor and liz Earle are ones that agree with me but I couldn't fund a decleor habit!!

Yep another one who's money goes on horses/dogs/chickens!

However I have just treated myself to new day to day underwear (from Ann summers much to my mothers horror!!) as they have a sale on and it's the only place I've found where underwear fits my annoying proportions!

That and liz Earle skin stuff - my skin is so sensitive it reacts with most products - decleor and liz Earle are ones that agree with me but I couldn't fund a decleor habit!!

Ooh I got bought some Liz Earl stuff years ago - it smelled lovely, think it was a facial oil.

Not a little luxury, a big one, we eat out lots. I love eating out as it saves on the shopping, cooking and washing up which is more of a treat than the meal itself.

You can tell all my money goes on the horses because my life's luxury costs me 99p a week! :giggle:

A ginormous fresh cream cake from the local bakers when we do our weekly shop each Wednesday....so I have a huge fresh cream apple turnover sitting in my fridge right this minute!:biggrin:

I'm not sure if this is a luxury or not...but I do get through 2 bottles of rather nice red wine each week, but I tell myself that red wine is good for me, so! :eek:

I am also a Crabtree and wotsit soap fan, but I can only get their stuff on a rare trip into Dublin, I just cant bring myself to fork out for enough bars to last me until my next trip in!

newrider.com