Queens Cavalry- Last one next week

newforest

Mar 15, 2008
Anyone watch? It's a six part series and tonight was the recruits first day.

Who noticed the first canter without stirrups and the amount of riders who went plop. Good leg positions though. :)

Did anyone notice they shaved their horses muzzles?o_O Is that a 'thing' now? I was taught as a kid that you shouldn't do that - is that info old hat now?

Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Did anyone notice they shaved their horses muzzles?o_O Is that a 'thing' now? I was taught as a kid that you shouldn't do that - is that info old hat now?
They do a lot of old fashioned things still. It's seen as the finishing touches. People do this in the show ring.
They looked to be removing the sensitive areas around the eyes as well.

I watched it. Yes rather funny when they were all taking a tumble. Apparently some had only starting riding a few weeks before!
I was thinking, when the one that was nervous about falling off fell off, years ago I had an instructor who always said " If you think you're going to fall off, you probably will" - you just knew that guy was going to hit the deck!

I watched it. Yes rather funny when they were all taking a tumble. Apparently some had only starting riding a few weeks before!
The interesting thing for me was I thought canter was easier to sit than trot. We didn't see how many fell off trotting in fairness and if you can't ride and haven't studied the movements you won't be prepared for a rocking horse motion.

Saying that I nearly fell off in a dressage lesson riding the instructors horse! He had a really bouncy canter and one stirrup went, then the second, then I slid and hung on. Horse was a saint and stopped- those darlings looked less forgiving.

newrider.com