Rambo Duo rug - Good or bad, opinions?

I was thinking of getting one but was told the fit is not as good as a normal rambo and that it may let in leaks more easily... but then I have one of these super sensitive-skinned horses...

Although I haven't got a Rambo rug, I have got one of the liners (which come in 100g, 200g and 300g) and it's wonderful. It fits with my William Funnell without any problem and I plan to buy the heavier weight ones as I need them. I really recommend them.

I had one for my little boy earlier this year and it was a very good rug- fit him wonderfully, didn't rub and the liners are so easy to fit and don't slip at all.

So... yeah a good rug... only thing i didn't reckon on was 3 naughty little monsters out in his field who incorporate rugs as part of their playing- the Rambo lasted 1 month out with them until it was lovely and ripped down the whole of one side and most of the stuffing pulled out!!!

So... if you have a youngster or horses who love to destroy rugs it probably isn't worth the money but with older horses who don't spend all day inventing new ways to get rugs off their backs it is a very good rug and probably well worth the investment as you have loads of different weights in one and have the option of hood or no hood which is very useful in this ever changing weather!

Rambo Duo

I have the older version the Rambo Wug Plus on mine and then won a new Rambo Duo in the asolute horse magazine (lucky me). I think that the Duo is brilliant and it doesn't shift or leak at all. Spice has worn it most of the winter as it doesn't rub. Only problem is that I now want 3 more for the others!

newrider.com