Riding gloves?

i like the ones that cost 1.99 from the local tack shop, they are cotton backs with pimple grips on the palm and fingers, they do get holes in but are cheap enough to replace easily :happy:

Definately the Mountain Horse crochet backed gloves. Robinsons do identical ones and cheaper so I buy those now. :smile:

Another thumbs up for the MH ones. Mine have been hammered and still going. Great for all year round and look lovely. I have the beige colour and they still look great after years!

Definately the Mountain Horse crochet backed gloves. Robinsons do identical ones and cheaper so I buy those now. :smile:

Ditto! I think they look really smart :biggrin: The robbies ones are brill ive had mine ages now and they have been out in all sorts of weathers. Still look as good as new though :biggrin:

YES! I absolutely love love love my Carrots gloves that OH bought me. They come in black and cream - and I've even got the special edition purple and black ones!lol (love purple). They were featured in last months Horse and Rider mag - they won the Best Buy award. I think they were about £16.99 - great value. I've worn mine over and over, and they have a really good feel on the rein. They wash brilliantly too. One size fits all - I was a bit dubious about that, but they really are a terrific fit. They look smart too!!

i like the ones that cost 1.99 from the local tack shop, they are cotton backs with pimple grips on the palm and fingers, they do get holes in but are cheap enough to replace easily :happy:

I second these as I have them in black, navy and you can get white too. I use these in the summer and in the winter I love my Sealskinz Ladies All Weather Riding Gloves in black as you can keep them on for everything and you only get a little damp in a horrific downpour. They are great for grip, fit really nicely, and last year I bought a Pink and Black Version too!

I have had a pair of Roekls for two years. They were expensive (£19), but are so comfortable, have great grip, feel like your own fingers, don't get slippy in the rain and are light enough to wear all year round (I hate hot hands).

They are starting to get a little manky but still have several months' wear in them. I think they were good value.

I was given a pair of ariat gloves as at present (he cheapest one they do about £25) yes it's a lot of money but my god they are good valve. I ride everyday and they wash and look like new every time (not water proof so I dont use them for yard work) but to ride in they amazing lovely feel on the reins and look really smart.

I have had mine for a year and half and I swear they look new still

I cannot recommend Rockel Chester gloves more. They are the best gloves I have ever had and I have no plans on even trying a different brand. I struggle to find gloves that fit but these fit perfectly, warm enough to use in winter but light enough to wear in summer and aren't slippy when it is raining. Can you tell I love my gloves? :giggle:

I have borrowed a pair of Mark Todd gloves from a friend that I would also recommend.

newrider.com