Riding Jeans - Any suggestions!

Shiny Boy

Jan 17, 2009
Westcountry
I dont like johdpurs!!!!!!!!!!

I like riding in jeans, for English and Western, I would rather be in my jeans.. Also I find them more comfy to work round the horses and do yard jobs in, and I dont want to run back indoors to change every time I want to ride - problem is, I have two pairs of jeans which are stretchy enough to ride in AND which dont have any rivets to ruin saddles, which I got lucky and found in high street shops, but they are both pretty much knackered due to constant wearing and washing and I need some more!!

Does anyone know of any good brands which tick the boxes for being ride-in-able and comfy to work in, and which arent too expensive?

(I have some wranglers for showing but they were quite a lot so I dont want to wear them out!)

I buy all my riding jeans at Primark at £6 a ago, they are stretchy and last for about 9 - 12 months then i chuck them away. I usually buy about 3 or 4 pairs at a time!!

TBH, when I rode English I normally wore Boden jeans - soft, comfortable, right amount of stretch - but riding Western they tended to ride up too much and certainly weren't long enough in the leg for me. I now use Berkeley (?) blue jeans from Western Boots and Saddles, they don't ride up the leg and are pretty robust, I've had one pair for two years now and they're just about looking worn in; they do do a black jean but I didn't like the feel of that; have also tried Continental riding jeans from Pullman Western - they're OK, again lots of leg length options, fine for showing in under chaps, but the cotton is too lightweight for my liking for everyday riding.

Hated the Cruel Girls, couldn't find a decent fitting pair.

I can't say enough good things about the Smooth Stride pants (http://www.smoothstride.com/). I've got the (unfortunately discontinued) Parade Pants, which are denim with a full washable suede seat. The only downside is the lack of zipper, which make them super comfortable while riding, but kind of hard to get on.

I use chepo jeans from tesco, they usually have a bit of stretch in them and I can wear them over my boots or with chaps:)

I have some Cruel Girl jeans but I don't find them very comfy for riding in. I ride in Wrangler, the new 20x aren't as expensive as the usual Wrangler but still more expensive than a supermarket own. However they last longer, Some of mine are 5 years old now and just starting to wear through.

Wrangler 20X at Sheplars

Thanks guys, some great suggestions there!
I love wranglers so I might have to pick some of the 20x do you know how much?

My current ones are dotty p's too!

Might have to take a trip to Primark in the meantime!

I've got a few good stretchy pairs from H&M, only £15- i find the primark ones not stretchy enough, and am currently struggling to get into a size 14 in their jeans, despite being a 10 everywhere else...so make sure you try on!

I'm with Sapphire95, I recommend Tuk-Tuks from Kileq.co.uk. They are Australian and I don't wear anything else to ride in now. They are comfy and long enough & don't ride up and have a smooth inner seam. About £85 though but last ages. My bum looks dreadful in joddies but great in these ;)

I go for cheapies too - best ones I've found are Matalan or New Look. They don't break the bank and are comfy so perfect all round as far as I'm concerned. Due to my tree trunk legs, I don't like doing jods so it has to be jeans for me.

tesco's ;)

i used to only wear french connection jeans and then got some tesco's ones when i was having a bit of a nightmare money wise - never looked back! :D

i've always ridden in jeans and have had loads of different types over the years (gap/wrangler/levi's etc) - i don't find much difference between 'riding' jeans and normal ones to be honest

Re the riding jeans v regular jeans - Thats what I was hoping to hear!!

I am glad lots of other people are like me and prefer to ride in jeans..

I need to get shopping - sat here in Lee Coopers - no bl**die use at all - low rise, no stretch!!!!!

I rode in jodphurs for a a few months and went back to jeans. Far more comfy and easier to swtich from horse riding to going out somewhere.

I use Tesco jeans. Think I paid £3 and they have been excellent. Skinny style and have a slight stretch so they dont all reaseup.

Jen
x

river island

Sounds strange but i ride in skinny jeans from river island. They are almost and thin as jods and so comfy!

newrider.com