rip Ellie

pointerlady

Jul 4, 2010
sunny Suffolk
My darling girl, the best dog I have ever had was pts today. Yesterday she was fine, but this morning she collapsed. After tests by the vets was found to have a tumour in her tummy. They managed to remove it along with the spleen which had ruptured, but the vet noticed the liver had cancer spots on it as well. We decided rather that her go through all this and still get ill during the next year, to put her to sleep. I can't stop crying. She was only 11. I thought she had many more years to go. My poor baby..:cry:

Oh No - RIP Ellie - so very sorry for your loss Pointerlady but I think you made a very brave decision that probably saved her from a lot of suffering, you can be proud of that it isnt the easiest decision.:twins:

So sorry to read this Pointerlady. You have made such a brave, selfless decision and I'm sure she's over that Rainbow Bridge thanking her lucky stars that she got you as her owner right now. ((hug))

So sorry :(

Its so hard loosing your best friend, but try and take some comfort that she had a brilliant 11 years with you

*Hugs* xxx

Very sorry for your loss, it is devastating to lose a dog so be kind to yourself over the coming weeks, and take comfort that you made a selfless decision.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Tapatalk

So very, very sorry. Of course you can`t stop crying hunny, that is only natural. Oh, it breaks your heart letting a wee one go, but you certainly did the right thing in not letting her suffer. I feel for you PL, i really really do .... **the gentlist of hugs, and a tissue to wipe your tears**

RIP Ellie xx

Thanks for all your messages. She was such a sweetheart of a dog. So loving and wanting to please. She was my little girl. She certainly didn't deserve this. I wanted her to have a healthy long long life and a gradual decline. But at least she lived life upto the last. We all had a lovely walk on Sunday and she was running around with no indication of how ill she was. I shall miss her so much.:cry:

maybe that was a good way for her to go, rather than a long slow decline - i am taking my old cat to the vet tomorrow as she has gone down a notch, we are not quite there yet, but getting there. however it happens it is hard.

ellie deserved a few more years but she was happy right up to the end and you were right to do surgery that wasn't going to fix her and maybe give her lots of pain and distress. it's a horrible decisision whatever you do.

newrider.com