Rude words. I may be using some!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Look away now if you can't cope with another of my MIL rants:stomp:
I have just spent all morning going to her house with OH and making sure the heating is on, that she has clothes to come home in, that she has basic food in place, that she has money that she requested me go get and also I have bought a box of chocs for the kind nurses. She might be home tomorrow. So, OH rings her and tells her if she wants anything bringing or buying say NOW as we are not going into town and would like to visit MY parents at some point and with work etc could she please speak up if she wants stuff getting. She obviously did not listen to a word.:banghead: We drove all the way home and get a text. "Can u get me a christmas tv book asap as I need to check whats on over xmas":banghead::banghead:
OH has replied and said NO! We are NOT driving all the way back to town for a bloody tv book and that we will pick her one up at the hosp shop tomorrow! I wouldn't mind but the WRVS come round the ward daily with papers etc. Why couldn't she buy one then?! She has also sent us four or five texts a day demanding we be on stand by to collect her so this morning OH rang the ward sister and asked if there was any truth in it. She was non the wiser and wouldn't commit. So, I don't know whether to go see my parents or not? If she rings and demands we pick her up at the drop of a hat its miles away!!!!
Right, got that off my chest. I have decided if she does land back I am not pandering to and fro and the phone is going to accidentally go down the loo for a few days........:wink:

oh my, what a demanding sausage!

personally i would be carrying on with my life….if she phones to say she is discharged then 'we are on our way' would suffice, if you arrive 2 hours later then 'oh dear there was a crash and we got held up' would do!

oh my, what a demanding sausage!

personally i would be carrying on with my life….if she phones to say she is discharged then 'we are on our way' would suffice, if you arrive 2 hours later then 'oh dear there was a crash and we got held up' would do!

:giggle: I am thinking I ought to just go see Mum and Dad and if she has to wait in the ward then so be it!!! I just find her sooooo frustrating atm:banghead:

Oh Trews, I'd have run away from her long ago! She is unbelievably demanding! Personally I would have told her where to shove it and that the hospital could phone her a taxi to take her home:devil:

Oh Trews, I'd have run away from her long ago! She is unbelievably demanding! Personally I would have told her where to shove it and that the hospital could phone her a taxi to take her home:devil:

It did cross my mind to make her book patient transport but OH thinks it's a step too far!!! She has just been texting the Aunt who then texts us with more demands, I am taking charge of the phone now and not telling OH when messages come in!

Is she demanding because your oh allows it? As in can't say no. Dome people are like that because no one stands up to them.
A TV guide isn't important to us, but I guess it could be to her-even so it can be bought the next day.

So if I see a small holding for sale you want details of it. :giggle:

Is she demanding because your oh allows it? As in can't say no. Dome people are like that because no one stands up to them.
A TV guide isn't important to us, but I guess it could be to her-even so it can be bought the next day.

So if I see a small holding for sale you want details of it. :giggle:

Oooh yes please!
I think she has changed. She didn't used to be this bad. The tiniest of things seems to make her dwell and she makes mountains from mole hills. OH is not good at refusing her. His father died when he was young and she has always made him man of the house since. Unfortunately, she never knew when to let go - I have been tolerating her behaviour for over 20 years! Ah well......

Go and see your own parents, leave the phone switched off and let the old cow sit and simmer and twiddle her thumbs if she insists that you bring her home. :devil:

Or better still, get OH to just tell her you are completely booked time wise for the next 3 days and can he arrange a taxi for her or will she use the hospital transport? He could give her the number when she gets chucked out and arrange with the taxi company to pay for it or something?

Go and see your own parents, leave the phone switched off and let the old cow sit and simmer and twiddle her thumbs if she insists that you bring her home. :devil:

Or better still, get OH to just tell her you are completely booked time wise for the next 3 days and can he arrange a taxi for her or will she use the hospital transport? He could give her the number when she gets chucked out and arrange with the taxi company to pay for it or something?

The trouble is she simply does not listen:stomp: honestly, today was a fine example, I was listening to him telling her that we weren't going anywhere near town again etc and I could hear her harping on about wanting her special trousers to come home in:stomp: they were at the Aunt's house apparently (she lives in town). Anyway, it was rather funny because the Aunt sent a petulant sounding text to which OH replied: "yes, we have her clothes sorted, I've arranged for her to wear a boiler suit and some old wellies hope that will do":giggle:

I enjoy your rants as I can just imagine you stomping round saying these exact words :giggle:

I do find MIL and IL families tricky in general and it seems to be a trend especially if you are a woman and therefore its their precious son you have taken from them :help:

Perhaps some earplugs, electric fencing or a cattle prod and do as you see fit with these items :wink:

I always get the feeling my MIL was grateful for taking her son on, and feels a bit sorry for me! The rest of the family seem to take pity on me too. Apart from one of his brother's wives who is so scared of me she has never spoken to me yet at a family gathering. they tell tales of how scary OH is, and she thinks I must be 10 times worse to cope with him! :D :D works for me!

Thanks for listening!! Oh dear. This morning we had another text: "I have no house keys". Well, that rules out the miracle of patient transport taking her home if she can't get in!!! And last night the Aunt texted to complain about us leaving her central heating on. I thought we had done right, as it's warm in hospital and I thought it was freezing in her house! Seems we can do very little right atm!!!!
And, still no sign of her being discharged from the hospital - I do begin to wonder if it is all in her head!
If she doesn't come home I will have to sit at her house all day tomorrow because she ordered Tesco to come two weeks ago!!! Argh!!!

newrider.com