Saddle fitting for cob/native northwest area

mu0ljk

Nov 27, 2014
I hope this is allowed! I'm not advertising but I'm in need of a good saddle fitter for my little cob and have been had bad experiences with some of the local fitters.

AH saddles have been recommended to me but the fitter needs a few people to make it worth her while to come all the way across the country to the north west!

Is anybody in the area wanting an AH saddle fitted in the next month or so?

And, can anyone recommend any fitters in the north west area? My next port of call was Village Saddlery? Any experiences with them?

Thank you!

Cheshire! :) Think she has said she can go as far as Manchester and down to Birmingham.

One to avoid, Meynell Saddlery! Out of your area but I know she'll travel and does fit native types. Worst customer service I've ever received.
I've been told to avoid Crewe as well.

Reactions: mu0ljk
I use Andy Wheals - The Saddleman and whilst he's from Shropshire, I'm in the North East and I know he travels around. He fitted my native/cobby/pony type and he was excellent. Bit on the expensive side but I'd not use anyone else really now.

I've not heard of them before, they are the other side of Manchester to me but thanks I will have a look at where they cover etc.

newrider.com