Sam is back in work.... and looking good

nat17

Minnie, Sam and Dolly
May 30, 2002
Cotswolds
Visit site
I have found a freelance rider to ride Sam a few times a week, just to up his work and keep him going. She is a lovely rider, who loves him as well, very calm and quiet and a nice person too.

He was a star this morning before work...back in the 5.30am riding club...

He was loving the work and doing some excellent transitions and circles...my rider thinks I would do very well at some low level dressage comps with him - maybe she can take him to begin with though.

He treated us to a perfect square halt at the end..,.am wondering if he has been in work behind my back ;)

Ah, that must be the Latent Learning effect - the animal seems to remember what you wanted better than he had learned it last time!

Good for Sam, and how great to find such a nice rider for him.

That's brilliant Nat, am really pleased Sam is going well. I see a summer of dressage in your future.

So lucky to find a decent rider to help out with Sam. I can't see any reason why he and you couldn't do a spot of stressage. And where are the pictures hmmmm?;)

I think you should get that book Cobs Can, not least because I would like to read it when you have finished with it!!

I know my friends cob had THE flashiest trot out. The way she extended her leg put a lot of dressage horses to shame!!

Studies are suffering a little - work is crazy and fitting everything in at the moment is really tough. I have an assignment due today, which I have not even read for:oops: However, I am working, riding, looking after 4 dogs, keeping in touch with the housework and a husband so its just that part that is really suffering :(

Piccccccciiiiiieeeeesssss please!!!

As you know I love a good cob lol! Especially one who can do nice work :)

I always think my RI wasn't very keen on cobs (classical dressage rider, has a nice big warmblood herself, tho she does own cobs for her school). At my last lesson Moët spooked early on and span and span, my RI was a tad surprised. I mistakingly said 'see she is surprising sometimes, she's not always a cobby slug!' She shot me down saying no no I don't think that AT ALL, Moët is nicely forward and sensitive and reacts well to you as a rider, actually I him you and her are really really similar and well matched for each other'. I loved hearing that, I love hearing nice comments about her lol

newrider.com