Saturday sausages! Now with pictures!!!!!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Well, I am about to go make OH a nice t cake with sossies and bacon. After which I feel we must work it off - I have a choice of the following jobs:

1. The path to the muck heap desperately needs clearing of mud - and I mean thick mud which will require brute strength and shovel after shovel full

2. The hovel needs hoovering - not my favourite job but if Little Henry is willing then I guess I should be....

3. The school needs weeding around the edges (darn those grass seeds!) and then harrowing - that is if the quad bike will actually start!

4. Storm needs riding. She told me so and wishes to carry me around for half an hour...................

So, which if any of these jobs will burn the sausages off quickest?!! Or should I just laze about on here all day, tis Saturday afterall..............:giggle::giggle:

Ps, hope you are all having a nice day - Saturday's still feel like Saturday even tho we work from home - how about you guys? I spent 10 years working in retail EVERY Saturday, so it's nice to be here.

Last edited:
Some pics;
The horse riding won!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7414/10099452885_1d4eb41e6b_b.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2892/10099400504_73d52f6eba_c.jpg

Please note the blue puffa gilet - yesterday's birthday pressie from OH:happy:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7455/10099461346_9004fe8930_b.jpg

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2820/10099494213_1661773210_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7344/10099456116_ceed87815b_b.jpg

Please excuse the muddy hooves / stable stains / slightly rounded belly (she's hardly been in work now for three months).

Just thought I would share, it's a lovely day and not that windy here today.

One thing that was interesting today - and this is not posted in the right section (should be horse care and health I think) she seemed a lot more forward going than of late. OH was jogging in front of her and it really livened her up again - but even when he stopped, she was very springy. I can't think why compared to past rides recently? She's not on any higher dose of bute - it's at the same level.
I wonder sometimes if she has become a bit lazy because I don't "ask" like I ought to, for fear of either over working her or breaking her (she's made of glass you know).
Any ideas?

Lovely photos! And its the same with mine, was bouncing round the field yesterday, I have put it down to the autumn flush and the fact that the ground is softening up so she's not as achey?

Lovely photos! And its the same with mine, was bouncing round the field yesterday, I have put it down to the autumn flush and the fact that the ground is softening up so she's not as achey?

Ooh I never thought of that! She was definitely a lot springier today which was nice. Mind you, she did get carried away and I fear I am not up to non stop trotting around the arena quite like I was..............(note to self: stop eating cake and drink more water and get more exercise!):giggle:

Great to see some riding pics, Trewsers! She is looking nice and round!

Lol, I know, hopefully the "roundness" will turn into a nice svelte looking pony soon - I keep telling her she doesn't need to hang onto all those calories but she's not listening............:giggle: Roll on winter................:cold:

Great pictures Trewsers. I like the blue Gilet, it suits Storms colour well.

Good to hear she is feeling better.

We have had a flush of grass here as well.

Thanks, she definitely had a spring in her step, whether it was because of OH jogging I don't know but I'll try it again - it was so good to have her almost back to her old self. :happy:

Lovely pics trewsers. I find with Dolly if I just let her have a slow ploddy ride she is just that - slow and ploddy and lazy. However if I take her out with the intention of really doing some work and up the pace she becomes far more forward going for me. Perhaps they pick up on our mood too? We have some very lush grass here at the moment too....that is also causing some interesting behaviour from her and the donkeys!:giggle:

Lovely pics trewsers. I find with Dolly if I just let her have a slow ploddy ride she is just that - slow and ploddy and lazy. However if I take her out with the intention of really doing some work and up the pace she becomes far more forward going for me. Perhaps they pick up on our mood too? We have some very lush grass here at the moment too....that is also causing some interesting behaviour from her and the donkeys!:giggle:

Thanks! You know, I wonder if she really does pick up my mood and can sense when I am treating her like "glass" and just does not offer much up simply because she thinks she is giving me what I want, ie, a slow plod?! It is difficult when you have a horse that's older or has been injured - I remember OH was always wary of Joe doing too much long after his ligament had healed first time around.

Great pics of you & storm trews. I think the riding would have won with me as well :smile:. Love the colour of the blue gilet too. It suits you both :smile:

newrider.com