Saw the RCMP Musical Ride tonight!

tbaynancy

Jul 27, 2009
Some of you may have heard of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Musical Ride (I hope). Well, they are touring Ontario this summer and stopped in Thunder Bay. Here are a few photos.

It was amazing to see in person - and so close (because we are such a small town). There was an opportunity to visit with the horses and riders afterward.

There's something sad in the fact that I was more interested in the handsome horses than the handsome officers :redface:

Attachments

• RCMP1.jpg
    RCMP1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 16
  • RCMP2.jpg
    RCMP2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 15
  • RCMP3.jpg
    RCMP3.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 16
Brilliant, I love anything like that, I always find those sorts of things very moving and get all patriotic.

We went to Windsor (home of Queen) a few years ago and watched the Royal Artillery and I cried:giggle:

Anything like that gets me weeping.

Forget the air craft displays etc. There is nothing that looks better than a man on a horse:smile:

I am also a sucker for a smart uniform:giggle:

Last edited:
Ooh, those photos brought back memories - I saw the RCMP Musical Ride when I was staying with family in the Yukon in about 1995. My cousin's son was in the mounties (although wasn't part of the Ride). We saw it up in Dawson City, the Goldrush town, and I'll never forget it. The riders are so skillful and the horses were gorgeous. To see the whole ride thundering towards you when they 'charge' was exhilarating.

Thank you for sharing, Tbaynancy.

Handsome officers as well as handsome horses, oh be still my fluttering heart!

Do they only use bays, or are there other colours swirling around in there as well?

Jane, only bays.

Tina, it was very patriotic - at the end, the horses all lined up facing the crowd and we all stood for the national anthem (O Canada) - quite moving.

Seeing all those lovely horses made me realize how fat Rusty is - we'll really have to get working on improving our fitness ( he's not the only one who's fat). They warmed up for an hour and then did a 40 minute show.

newrider.com