Searching For Nelson.

nicolawx

Legends Never Die
Aug 7, 2008
Wiltshire
www.youtube.com
I don't know if this is the right area to post this.
But i really want to know what happened to one horse from my old riding school.
A bit of info about him.... Don't know much as he left a long time ago.
He's called Nelson.
Used to live at Hulberts Green Riding School, Brinkworth. Wiltshire.
I think he was sold.
He's light bay, not sure about age, probabley getting old now though.
Around 16 - 16.2hh.
Please reply if you know anything about him. Would love to know anything
Thanks... i know this is a long shot as this was many years ago but i thought i would try.

Sorry can't be much help with your search but jut wanted to say hello to a fellow hulbert greener:D
Miss that place so much!! When did you ride there? I don't remember a Nelson but a few years after I left, probably 6ish years ago, I did ring about a horse they had for sale and was told he was called Nelson! I never tried him as I wanted something to do lots of dressage and told he wasnt a fan of the school and was a jumping man, does this sound like him?
Who else did you ride? Turpin was my favourite boy of all time, god i miss him!
An Busby and lil Toby:D

Good luck in your search!

Sorry can't be much help with your search but jut wanted to say hello to a fellow hulbert greener:D
Miss that place so much!! When did you ride there? I don't remember a Nelson but a few years after I left, probably 6ish years ago, I did ring about a horse they had for sale and was told he was called Nelson! I never tried him as I wanted something to do lots of dressage and told he wasnt a fan of the school and was a jumping man, does this sound like him?

Hi :)
I left there 2 years ago and most of my friends still ride there so i get updates alot :)
I rode there from about 2003-2007.
My friend in my lesson used to ride him alot (Even called him her husband LOL) and he was an absolute gent to ride. Yeah your description does sound alot like him, he did love to jump.
Umm... i used to ride, Murphy, Daisy, Hercules, Tiff, Chocky, Chance and Skoki. To name a few lol. And Turpin of course. Bless his little heart. Rip Turpin. :(

Sorry no help, but i believe Nelson was not jumping anymore (well jumping small) just before he left, as he was getting old and wasnt very confident anymore-i dont remember him being a particulary keen jumper in the first place actually. Why dont you call up Janice and see if she has any info on him? She might be happy to help put your mind at rest :)

No one remember Busby and Toby, i used to ride them ages and ages ago, ive been there since 1996:eek:- present

Why dont you call up Janice and see if she has any info on him? She might be happy to help put your mind at rest

Knowing Janice I think this is a good idea I'm sure she'd be more than happy!

And Turpin of course. Bless his little heart. Rip Turpin.

What happened to him?? I heard he'd died but didn't hear what was wrong? Was it just natural aging? Miss him so much he was amazing!!

No one remember Busby and Toby, i used to ride them ages and ages ago, ive been there since 1996- present

Nobody ever remembers those two lol! Between them they got me jumping again after a long break after alot of bad falls at a horrible stables I was at before. Toby was jut the cutest most fun ponio in the world!!:D And Busby was such a gentleman!!

i used to ride, Murphy, Daisy, Hercules, Tiff, Chocky, Chance and Skoki

Oldest horse i remember from Hulberts is Megan or Tazz.

I remember Megan and Taz!! But none of the others I'm afraid. I was there from about 97 to 2001. Others I rode alot ummm.......Jack, Ben, Tutti, Pearl ahh i miss those good old days:)

I can't remember exactly what happened to Turpin... But i do remember is that he was freaking out on the yard and one of the girls that worked there couldn't keep hold of him cos he was pulling and rearing. Then he got free and ran out onto the road and was hit head on by a car. :(

I can't remember exactly what happened to Turpin... But i do remember is that he was freaking out on the yard and one of the girls that worked there couldn't keep hold of him cos he was pulling and rearing. Then he got free and ran out onto the road and was hit head on by a car. :(

Poor Turpin :(

I started to learn to ride at Hulbert's with my OH in September 2002 at the ripe old age of 40! My favouritest horse in the whole world was Zara :) Also rode Turpin, Tyson (didn't last there long as he didn't like RS life) and George. for various reasons I had to stop about a year later, after which I bought my own horse.

In a drive to improve my riding and my confidence I started back having lessons there in January of this year. First couple of lessons were great, but then I found that I was being assigned to 'any old' instructor ... I'm sure they were perfectly well qualified but I got really fed up with having someone different every single time as there was no consistency. So after a while I stopped again.

Janice is a lovely lady though :)

... oh and incidentally my mare is also called Zara :D

I can't remember exactly what happened to Turpin... But i do remember is that he was freaking out on the yard and one of the girls that worked there couldn't keep hold of him cos he was pulling and rearing. Then he got free and ran out onto the road and was hit head on by a car

OMG! I wish i didnt ask now, dont really even know what to say to that:( Poor Turpin, hope he is enjoying a well deserved retirement in a better place bless his heart

My favouritest horse in the whole world was Zara

Aww I remember Zara now, she was lovely and very pwity:D

Aww I remember Zara now, she was lovely and very pwity:D

... I remember thinking how HUGE she looked to me when I first started riding ... she was only 15hh!!!! And whatever people say about chestnut mares is absolutely not true :p

Love Shamou too - rode her again when I went back this year - another gorgeous chestnut mare!!

... I remember thinking how HUGE she looked to me when I first started riding ... she was only 15hh!!!! And whatever people say about chestnut mares is absolutely not true :p

Love Shamou too - rode her again when I went back this year - another gorgeous chestnut mare!!

Shamou's still there :) Next to Saffron. Don't know if you know him. He's much like Shamou. Big chestnut gelding. :)

Not true atall......Turpin was retired and left because he was discovered to have a brain tumour, unfortunately nothing could be done and he subsequently had to be put to sleep. :( RIP my boy.

:eek: So MANY hulberts greeners!! I still ride there with fornightly private lessons, and my instrucotrs Claire.

The horses atm are; flash, twist, snowy, thunder, tutti, hercules, peggy, chocky, dezi, bonnie, shamou, saffron, connie, daisy, murphy, arney, thomas, quilha, robin, millie, skoki, ollie, brina, cassie, star, vince, champ, dino, ..??

current people shout at me if i've forgotten anyone! :)

newrider.com