Second Fun Ride....... and....

domane

Retired cob mum
Jul 31, 2005
... I hit the deck! :rolleyes: BUT... I am absolutely fine! I've broken the "fall off and get injured" curse - at last!

Fun ride was great... well.... fun! We went with YM and her mum so I assumed that Albi would be more settled as he spent winter in the same field as their two boys but no, he was just as bouncy and excited as he had been on the first ride. In a way it was worse because they wanted to do the jumps so I either had to hold him back and he would trot or canter on the spot until they'd popped over and then want to gallop to catch them up. Or we went past the jumps to wait and he still trotted and spun whilst we waited for them. But it doesn't really matter because he is young and just SO excited by it all :D

We came across a smallish log and the other two went over it so I decided to follow, grabbed my Jesus strap and Albi leapt HUGE and I just pinged out the side door as he landed. My own stupid fault in hindsight as my hands were virtually on the pommel of the saddle so I had no where to go really :oops: He just trotted over to the other two and I got up and did the most important thing - checked my phone wasn't broken! :p Got back on and gave the rest of the jumps a wide berth. Really need to have some tuition.

Had an absolute flat-out fasterthanhe'severgone gallop up the last straight at the end... eye-watering but bliss - we were at the back and he was SO determined to catch the other two (not a chance!!)

So my jumping confidence got another dent, but my riding/falling confidence got a bit of boost actually.

Soooo needed to do that though.... forgot all about families for a couple of hours.

I'd given him a quick bath the day before so he was nice and clean. THIS is how we came back.... and no, that's not mud on his back end! :eek:

Wow sounds like a great ride! Glad no injuries and that gallop sounds amazing.

Yaye! Go you! Glad it took your troubles away for a little while. You did well and good to hear you got back on and then enjoyed a good gallop:D

Bless Albi, he sounds a very enthusiastic soul! Glad you enjoyed it and didn't hurt yourself when you fell, that must have been a relief!

Friend of mine had a similar issue with her young horse at a recent ride and it was kind of my fault - I was standing at the side of the little jump to watch and her pony pinged over with gusto, and as he landed he whipped round to get back to Raf. There could only be one outcome really ... luckily she wasn't hurt either.

Love the pics btw!

Pleased to report that apart from a little aching across my upper half which I am attributing to having to hold him back for two hours, I am absolutely fine with no bruises! Phew!!

I know that last stretch where you had the gallop, had my best gallops every year up that bit! Getting tingles just thinking about it!

Glad you enjoyed it, what one are you going to next? I am borrowing Major for one over the next month hopefully!

As I didn't get my trailer in time for the last one, the next one will be Bissell Wood on 4th July. Nope, I lie..... just checked my calendar - Morville 7th June.

YM has recommended me a fab instructor whom I messaged earlier giving her a bit of my history. She replied saying I sound like her kinda gal so I'm going to book our first jumping lesson... eek!!! And hoping to get Albi over to BW sometime in the next couple of weeks as my friend the Fearless Teenager is going to take Albs over some of their obstacles for me. (Incidentally, Fearless Teenager came 8th out of over 40 at the weekend doing 90cm at Aston Le Walls)

How did I miss this, how awesome is Albi. What great pictures I am pleased you are not hurt from the fall.

When i came off two weeks ago I felt I need it so that I had lost that fear of falling again that I had built up since I broke my ankle

newrider.com