seem to be allergic to something ..

WeeBarraxO

May 20, 2008
Glasgow
but not sure what ..

I think its fairly recent ..

my hand have all broken out and around my neck has too .. also one of my eyes it constantly irritated and sore/crusty .. and my lips get all tight, burny, itchy .. and just generally sore ..

now if I take my allergy tablets everything seems to die down ..

but can't put my finger on what it is ..

I had started using new bubble bath .. so stopped using that still have the reaction ..

I thought maybe its my hay .. so I stopped doing anything with the hay (OH helped out with this :) )

nope still getting the reaction ..

the only thing I can think is maybe its a food allergy .. but again I have no clue which food .. I used to have this sort of reaction to eggs when I was a toddler .. but nothing else since :unsure:

I find it hard enough to eat any sort of food as I am so fussy and now I haev to check everything for lactose as that sets off my dodgy stomach .. the foods I can eat are getting less and less .. I am more or less living on plain pasta .. with some carrots, peas, potatoes and some meats thrown in :(

I am just so fed up of it all :cry:

but I am going into hosp in a week for a colonoscopy :cry::cry: as I may have crohns ? and I have read that skin rashes are a symptom of crohns .. so mayeb it is that .. btu I am hoping its not crohns I have :frown: and it is some sort of allergy :frown:

Poor you, hope they find it.
My skin crawls unless I take high strength anti histamine and often have to mix them (under doc's advice) with over the counter ones to help.
Even come up in hives etc. had tests no idea what it is though.
I need to wear gloves for hay or scratch ages.
The joys..........

Poor you, hope they find it.
My skin crawls unless I take high strength anti histamine and often have to mix them (under doc's advice) with over the counter ones to help.
Even come up in hives etc. had tests no idea what it is though.
I need to wear gloves for hay or scratch ages.
The joys..........

I used to be like that with hay .. but over the years it seems to have died down .. but that was one of the first things I though may be causing this .. but I haev been keeping away from the hay and it is still happening :(

I come up in hives from fly bites :(, horrible things :poop:

I used to find I had a reaction to shavings - have you got any down for Petri ?

CN - hope you're not get sit scratching next to me tonight!:giggle:

I used to find I had a reaction to shavings - have you got any down for Petri ?

CN - hope you're not get sit scratching next to me tonight!:giggle:

she does have some as bankings with her rubber mats, but never really have any contact with them as they are living out 24/7, and just go into stable for their hay if they want it

Hope you find out what the allergy is. If you want to ask any questions about your colonoscopy next week, feel free to pm me (OH has had it done quite a lot as he has UC). Hope it all goes ok.

Hope you find out what the allergy is. If you want to ask any questions about your colonoscopy next week, feel free to pm me (OH has had it done quite a lot as he has UC). Hope it all goes ok.

ohh thank you, any info etc on it would be greatly appreciated as I am absolutly bricking it :cry:

Have you changed your washing powder/liquid or soap or shampoo you use for your face at all? Doesn't sound like clothes washing stuff would do it really anyway as your eyes and lips are bad.

As far as allergies go I think I recall hubby going through testing at some stage. Apparently the only things almost ANYONE is NOT allergic to is lamb, peas and pears? So you start with only those and gradually add in new items until the symptoms re-occur. Don't take this as current advice, though, your medics will give you up to date info if they need you to try this! Good luck with finding the source of the problem - allergies are :poop:

So says someone who's spent most of life allergic to HORSES - only growing out of it in my 50's.

newrider.com