Shadow's pacifier - now with Shadow sporting it

Sorry I'm being dense, but why is he wearing one ?

He had a horrible ulcer in his eye, it's healed, but I want to stop him from doing it again, as the flies and horse flies are particularly bad this year. He's really being bothered by them this year, not just his face but legs too, I've got him on Skratch formula to help stop the itching, and on bad days he wears the fly rug, never in all the years i've owned him, have we had issues like these.
He got bitten in front of where his girth sits a few weeks ago and came out with one huge reaction to it.
We also live in a wooded area, there is no escape from the flies at all :frown:

Wow I can see the photos now. What a fab idea what made you think of that.

I swear some horses just no that they look silly but it helps them feel better.

really pleased he is on the mend and in work again.

Looks very sporty. As long as it doesn't slip around it should work out very well!

Theres no chance of it slipping round, they're very well made :smile:

ObC, I remembered that some race horses where blinkers, and wondered if they'd do the job, after seeing some guardian masks on line, at half the price, they're also cheaper.
If i'd needed to I could tape up the bad side to stop light filtering in. As it happens, it arrived the day SHadow got the all clear.

Are the cups rigid dad? If so I would be wary about turnout as a rigid cut could do damage to eye if it slips - madam hooks the ears of hers onto fencing/trees to get them off - regardless of make!

Ah van see pics, its for racing and driving I think. Some come with the black piece to block vision.

I wonder why they say it has a calming effect as in it does more than what blinkers would.

Yeh I can see pics now too and this is the same as one I was wearing in black being silly at the yard lol.

Is it for turn out or riding in or both?

Yeh I can see pics now too and this is the same as one I was wearing in black being silly at the yard lol.

Is it for turn out or riding in or both?

At the moment ridden - I want to keep an eye on him when he wears it out in the field. Went on a hack today, he seems really confident in it, and even lowered his head to let me put it on, second time already accepting it pretty well :smile:
PFB - They are rigid, but the most likely scenario is it will slip off, as it's only clipped in under his chin with plastic clips, past experience has been those sort of clips go ping pretty easily.

newrider.com