Shameless "I love Chloe" thread....

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
I will attempt to post a picture of the lovely lady too! Do you know, since she has come to us as a companion, we have both had such a lovely time with her. She is the nicest, sweetest creature I think I have ever met. She asks us for nothing but gives us so much - she puts up with Storm bossing her around and also puts up with OH making her wear silly hats, bits of brushes etc (he loves playing "horse" with her in a morning!). I feel so lucky to have them both, but she is just so special because I don't feel any pressure at all riding wise (obv cos she is a companion). She is sooooo soothing. I often sit of an evening on a bale when I've brought them both in, and she comes and just stands at the door with her big head drooping and occasionally she snores...........heheheheee. So happy. Just wanted to share, and also hopefully encourage anybody who might be ifffing and butting and not so sure about taking a companion horse on. She is wonderful - big, snuzzly loveable girl. (Feeling particularly soppy today - don't know why).

See if this works

photo-2.jpg

She was very sleeeeeepy................

Ah, that's lovely trewsers - must admit because 'I' couldn't in a million years even sit on Ellie (because she is tiny built and I am not) i know what you mean about the undemanding friend bit. sounds like Chloe is lucky to hate you!

Awh this is lovely Trews! And I don't know if you'll remember, but I posted a thread a wee while ago about having a favoured pet. Its nice to hear you speak so highly of Chloe, even when you have such a strong bond with Storm. I'm sure her bond with you and Mr Trews is a reflection of how well cared for and appreciated she feels.

^ Yeah sorry I just happened to click on the thread just as you posted it I think, sorry I couldn't resist, it made me chuckle out loud!

Awww how wonderful!

Why is Chloe not rideable? What's her story?

She is getting on in years (23 this time) but I "think" she is just too forward going. They tried riding her at the charity, (and they are very experienced in rehabilitating horses obv) but they said she was just too much of a handful riding wise. Ground wise she is a gem - couldn't wish for a better behaved lady! She can get around, don't get me wrong, she can move when she has to!lol, but I think her ridden days are over. Maybe or maybe not there could have been issues with things like her back - I honestly don't know, but tbh I think she has earned her rest - not that I wouldn't have liked to have seen her in action in her younger years, boy, I bet she turned heads at local shows if she did any, she brushes up lovely!!!

What a lovely thread!!! She is such a lucky lady to have made her way to you!

I love it when people write posts where you can just hear the pride in their writing....this goes down as one of my "things that made me smile today" :biggrin:

Laceyfreckle - teeheehee, those iphones are so annoying!! I asked Innocence where she bought her workers the other day :redcarded: had to explain that I didn't think she was in the market for slavery, but would be handy to know where to get wormers from!

What a lovely thread!!! She is such a lucky lady to have made her way to you!

I love it when people write posts where you can just hear the pride in their writing....this goes down as one of my "things that made me smile today" :biggrin:

Laceyfreckle - teeheehee, those iphones are so annoying!! I asked Innocence where she bought her workers the other day :redcarded: had to explain that I didn't think she was in the market for slavery, but would be handy to know where to get wormers from!

Damn I could do with some more workers, I mean wormers. Should have known Innocence would have kept her slavery news to herself!!

wish it had of been my iphone too - the kids have somehow 'borrowed it' (but arn't saying they did, it has disapeared) and the charge has run out so i now can't find it and if you knew what my house looked like you'd know tidyness is not my strong point and it may take years to recover it! The ipod touch was the culprit in the auto correct today!.

newrider.com