She's back doing what she does best!

Lissie

Jan 18, 2016
First little outing with the pocket rocket post injury today and to test out a saddle I have on trial over jumps. Lottie flew everything as usual, nothing big as it was first time back, jumps up to 80/90ish but she's just so reliable, she never falters no matter where I put her at what angle off any stride. May have slight lack of breaks when she saw others ahead and went into field master mode, determined to get ahead :p
Now to get her fit enough for team chasing and more fun rides. IMG_20180325_220241_239.jpg
IMG_20180325_220145_620.jpg
IMG_20180325_220057_409.jpg
IMG_20180325_215918_780.jpg
IMG_20180325_215446_022.jpg
IMG_20180325_215152_472.jpg

Well done. Looks like a lovely little course. I would have been choosing the small jumps. They are a little big for me.

Reactions: Lissie
That looks like Somerford!! Great to see her out again. I'd love to ride round with you one day and meet the lovely Lottie so if you ever want company round there let me know! I took Amber on Thursday on my own which was fun too.

Thank you, she loved it such a good pony. She's just so calm and happy about everything when she goes fast it's in a no nonsense way, just come on lets go. And if I mess up she just gets us over without unseating me or getting offended. She really is a machine to jump, you can really trust her.

@KP nut yep somerford, it's quite a trek for me now but worth it because you know the take off and landings will always be good. That would be great, it would be lovely to meet Amber and good to go with a bigger horse too.Lottie is only 15hh but she always leaves everyone miles behind but Amber's long legs would keep up easily. Glad you had fun on Thursday :D I can't wait to take Lottie on the 80 acres to point her at bigger stuff, we've jumped loads out hunting but it's different, I will jump anything when I'm hunting as I'm in the groove but xc I'll have to work on setting her up, getting the right canter etc. Would love to do a camp there.

Reactions: Jessey
Is that with active rider?

We've looked at dates but none of my friends are free at the same time so if they're free I'm not and vice versa. And I'm not sure I fancy going alone, but I do really want to go on one!

Looks fab, what a little gem. I've been there too .. admittedly missing out most of the jumps and just having a nice canter round (we did the baby jumps), but it was fantastic and I'd love to go again. I went on a camp and really enjoyed it, even got quite brave but I've lost it all again now lol.

@Bodshi it's not about what you jump or how big it's about having fun, even if to some people that's walking round. The smaller ones are more off putting to me because she's so quick with a huge stride I always feel like she'll just canter over them. She is a diamond, love her so much.

Reactions: orbvalley
You look like you're both having a wonderful time :) . Yes, I do think you look far more secure in this one, that was the first thing I noticed, but how did it feel? Are you still having a problem with the stirrup leathers rubbing at the top, or did thinner leathers solve that?

Ah Lottie! She looks great and you both look very happy :D

Your position looks better in this one and much more secure :) As Carthorse says though how do you feel in it?

newrider.com