Should i be worried?

The abscessing is a nightmare, you get pretty proficient pretty quickly tho, I could sort and repoultice in about 2 minutes flat on my own, and it stay in place for 12 hours while turned out, after all my practice.
This one was a nightmare - opposite to the leg with the stifle out. Poor boy found it really hard to stand up while I was poulticing - sat on me at least twice. The air was not blue, it was purple! Still, second day after 5 of dressing, and he seems clear still.

Just an update on my old soldier. Very lame at the back again this morning - really didn't want to move. Called the vet out. Turns out the abscess on opposite to stifle leg had reared up again. So, back to square one. She was wonderful though. I asked flat out if I should be thinking about calling it a day, as recently he's been having more bad days than good. She was very straight with me, and said even if I'd called it today, she'd back my decision. She said he's very stoic (I know that's true) and things weren't likely to improve massively. I'm to call her in a week, when we see how this abscess goes and taķe it from there. She gave Ramsey a lovely hug and said what a diamond he is. I hope we can get to summer, but I was so grateful for her saying I'd be right whenever I decide he needs peace and green fields.

Just an update on my old soldier. Very lame at the back again this morning - really didn't want to move. Called the vet out. Turns out the abscess on opposite to stifle leg had reared up again. So, back to square one. She was wonderful though. I asked flat out if I should be thinking about calling it a day, as recently he's been having more bad days than good. She was very straight with me, and said even if I'd called it today, she'd back my decision. She said he's very stoic (I know that's true) and things weren't likely to improve massively. I'm to call her in a week, when we see how this abscess goes and taķe it from there. She gave Ramsey a lovely hug and said what a diamond he is. I hope we can get to summer, but I was so grateful for her saying I'd be right whenever I decide he needs peace and green fields.

Oh what a tough one for you. Appreciate your feelings - been there in a similar way with Storm at the back end of last summer. Lots of positive vibes.x

:( it's such a difficult time, positive vibes coming your way x
Cleantrax soaks work well if he can stand soaking, because it's the vapors that do the job it's meant to be better for really deep abscesses.

Reactions: Huggy
:( it's such a difficult time, positive vibes coming your way x
Cleantrax soaks work well if he can stand soaking, because it's the vapors that do the job it's meant to be better for really deep abscesses.
Bless him, he's so good at soaking - poor boy is so used to it! Haven't heard of that, I'll give it a go. Does it work even if the abscess hasn't been dug out?

Reactions: Jessey
Bless him, he's so good at soaking - poor boy is so used to it! Haven't heard of that, I'll give it a go. Does it work even if the abscess hasn't been dug out?
Apparently yes, the theory being that the vapors can get in even the tiniest tract, like the ones bacteria have used to invade.

Well he's still winding me up every day. He'll act like the grim reaper is just around the corner in the morning, then march in in the afternoon, demanding dinner, and head butting me out the way. Have everything crossed that we can make it to some dry, mild weather, so his poor old feet can heal and harden, and he can get some spring grass down him. 20190313_194312.jpg

I don't know if it is any use to your boy but I am using Myristica Sebafera (30c) on my old boy's abscesses.

I am a disciple of science based medicine but a little part of me has seen great results with homeopathy (which is now considered a dirty word in some circles).

Myristica Sebafera is known as The Sword - ie it brings boils and abscesses to a head, gets them drained out and the wound mending.

At my wits' end with my old Icelandics hooves, I tried it and a day later an abscess burst and then a few more days later, totally unexpected another on the other hoof.

If you are interested in some, let me know and I will tell you where to buy it (in UK) and dosage.

I did admit to the vet that I was giving Myrstica and he, like me, said he liked science better and then admitted he used homeopathy with great results for a broken ankle!

Anyway, back with the soaking. Luckily we don't have to poultice as in coronary band. Good luck !

Silica is also meant to be good for abscesses of unknown origin that won't resolve, I've not used it as Jess' resolved before I got any but it was recommended to me by a homeopath.

Silica is what I used many years ago for my other homeopathic miracle. One sweetitched tail dock that had been debrided by vet under sedation (horse, not vet) and was not healing particularly well.

We gave him "silicea sandwiches" (bread with silica pillules) and the skin went white, fell off and underneath was healthy, all healed. Most extraordinary.

Personally I would use the silica after the myristica and I am keeping my horse on a low maintenance dose of myristica until it dries up everywhere - outside and in.

(but I am NO expert and would consult a homeopath)

I don't know if it is any use to your boy but I am using Myristica Sebafera (30c) on my old boy's abscesses.

I am a disciple of science based medicine but a little part of me has seen great results with homeopathy (which is now considered a dirty word in some circles).

Myristica Sebafera is known as The Sword - ie it brings boils and abscesses to a head, gets them drained out and the wound mending.

At my wits' end with my old Icelandics hooves, I tried it and a day later an abscess burst and then a few more days later, totally unexpected another on the other hoof.

If you are interested in some, let me know and I will tell you where to buy it (in UK) and dosage.

I did admit to the vet that I was giving Myrstica and he, like me, said he liked science better and then admitted he used homeopathy with great results for a broken ankle!

Anyway, back with the soaking. Luckily we don't have to poultice as in coronary band. Good luck !
I am most definitely interested! Homeopathy has been a great thing in our household for years - for both humans and animals! Yes yes yes let me know where I can get some.

Ok!

I used - https://www.helios.co.uk/shop/myristica-sebifera

I bought Pills No 3 at 30c potency in 14g bottle - that's the attack dose.
Then I bought Pills No 3 at 200c potency in 14g bottle - that's the maintenance dose for later once we are out of the woods.

To give, I shook them into his lower lip and he just munches and crunches them happily. The least amount of handling you do the better so yes the dose is a bit rough, but it has done it stuff admirably.

Ok!

I used - https://www.helios.co.uk/shop/myristica-sebifera

I bought Pills No 3 at 30c potency in 14g bottle - that's the attack dose.
Then I bought Pills No 3 at 200c potency in 14g bottle - that's the maintenance dose for later once we are out of the woods.

To give, I shook them into his lower lip and he just munches and crunches them happily. The least amount of handling you do the better so yes the dose is a bit rough, but it has done it stuff admirably.
Thank you - I would love to take some of the continual digging and poulticing out of the equation, I feel so sorry for him! He's now got a sore on the bulb of his foot from having to have it covered and dressed all the time. Will give this a go.

newrider.com