Should i clip him?

SkyeBean

Dec 16, 2008
essex
I have a arab x hannovarian (can't spell)

Should i clip him?
if you think yes what kind of clip should i give him?

here is a pic for ya

Handsomeoscar-1.jpg

What sort of work are you doing with him, and does he sweat up a lot when worked?

i ride him for about an hour, not really just gets sweaty under saddle abd between front legs but not bad (but he not up to the highest fitness he could be)

i wanna showjump and XC etc with him

x

Don't you share him? Isn't this something you should ask his owner really? Can't quite imagine Doey's owner's face if I just went ahead and clipped her horse...no wait I can...think she would go after me with the clippers!

Don't you share him? Isn't this something you should ask his owner really? Can't quite imagine Doey's owner's face if I just went ahead and clipped her horse...no wait I can...think she would go after me with the clippers!

have already spoke to her and she said it fine if i wanna do it

Ditto Wally, doesnt sound like he needs much clipping if he is barely sweating and still not totally fit.

Hi Rachel,

Does he get sweaty when you do hard work? What sort of work do you do with him? Does he live in or out?

How come he wasn't clipped earlier in the year? Has his work load changed?

Hi Rachel,

Does he get sweaty when you do hard work? What sort of work do you do with him? Does he live in or out?

How come he wasn't clipped earlier in the year? Has his work load changed?

hiya

Yes if i do alot of canter work, jumping, hacking then be obv sweats more!
I'm schooling him alot at the mo!
He's owner just hasn't clipped him!
Yes he has alot more exercise than before!

hiya

Yes if i do alot of canter work, jumping, hacking then be obv sweats more!
I'm schooling him alot at the mo!
He's owner just hasn't clipped him!
Yes he has alot more exercise than before!

Does this owner actually know her horse?!

Sorry but for someone to just say 'you can clip him if you want' sounds a bit odd to me. Surely she/he should know what you are doing with Oscar, when he gets sweated up, if he is normally clipped for this sort of work etc.

Doesn't sound odd to me - maybe she just trusts Oscarwoo to look after the horse as if it were her own and make any decisions she wants? After all, its not like it will kill the horse if it is or isn't clipped, either way I'm sure its getting the best care possible.

obv gonna tell her what kind of clip i gonna do if give him one but she said i can treat him like mine cause hopin to have him on full loan (maybe buy him) one day so she happy for me to treat him as my own just keep her updated!

Humm, you could try him with a bib clip to start off with. When he goes out how many rugs does he wear??

How often do you do fast work and for how long? Most horses with a winter coat will sweat with hard and fast work but whether you clip depends on how long you do this work for and how often. Plus how thick his winter coat is.

Does he get dripping wet?

Humm, you could try him with a bib clip to start off with. When he goes out how many rugs does he wear??

How often do you do fast work and for how long? Most horses with a winter coat will sweat with hard and fast work but whether you clip depends on how long you do this work for and how often. Plus how thick his winter coat is.

Does he get dripping wet?

he goes out with a stable rug and outdoor rug on!

do it for about 3/4 hour!

he doesn't get dripping wet no

My horse was clipped back in november and his clip is now non existant, but because his workload has since increased double, we are going to re-clip him soon.

If Oscar sweats up everytime you ride, I would give him a bib clip :)

newrider.com