should I move stables?

lauren123

Feb 3, 2007
East Yorkshire
Another thread by me!:biggrin: Well sox has been with me about 10 weeks now and since then he has had to move stables about 3 times. 1st we had to go into quite a small stable for a 16.3. Then we was able to move into the box we wanted( at first sox wouldn't go in) this caused problems as I couldn't lead him out of his stable tacked up. Then about 2 weeks ago a box with a better entrance became free and he was moved in there. But really wanted a box on one of our two yards. Now a huge stable is free and the YO has said I can have it , its a bit more expensive but don't mind paying a bit more but the box overlooks one of the yards fully so he can always see horses. Plus in the winter is he does have to spend a good few days in I know he can lie down and not feel squashed lol. I told one of the girls who is looking after him for another week and she says his happy in his current stable and likes the mare next door. The box he is currently in was only going to be his stable until a yard box became free and these bigger stables are like good dust! What does everyone thing? Should move stables or not?

I would move stables. He will settle quickly enough and if it is bigger and he is going to be living in during the winter I would want as much space as possible for him.

The bigger stable for sure, and especially as he will be able to watch other horses and assumedly more comings and goings to entertain him when he is in.:smile:

I'd definatley go for the bigger stable, especially if turnout could be limited in winter, 16.3 is a big hoss! :)

another vote for moving :) I always plumped for the biggest one I could get (even for my tiny ponies!) and overlooking the yard sounds much better than a dusty indoor barn with tiny walkways.

Our new boy is in a double stable which with his size is perfect as he has plenty of room, he loves it. he has a second window so plenty to see and he can really move around more.

In a standard stable he really would be quite constricted.

So if you can get a big box I would go for it.

newrider.com