Show cob

abbeybaner

Jun 16, 2021
Hi guys

I have a beautiful cob cross that I showed last year as a traditional. She is amazing and we showed at the sunshine tour and she loves it.

Now my question is, I show her as a “traditional cob”. She has the most amazing mane and tail to die for! I have to trim her tail weekly otherwise she stands on it! But her feather doesn’t grown very long. I’ve had her two years and been growing it for two years but after a year of growth it hasn’t changed so I’m assuming it just won’t grow. She looks very athletic with her legs clipped (from photos in her previous home).
I adore her hairy traditional legs but I think I’m tempted to clip them. I would never touch her mane and tail though.

So I guess my question is

If I clipped her legs off, can I plait her mane up to show her as a “show cob”? I would never hog her and so it’s either legs off and plait or keep the legs and keep working in the show cob/traditional section of the showing world which I do also enjoy.

Thanks

Having seen your photo, she doesn't have enough feather to be a "traditional", she's definitely more "native". I'd shorten her mane and tail so that they can be plaited and whip off her leg fluff to smarten her up. She's very pretty and nicely marked.

newrider.com