Showjumping Schooling (Photos)

Gattino

Happy Appy
Jul 16, 2012
Ireland
My friend and I took our horses to a local venue for a showjumping lesson this morning.

Was good fun and got a lot out of it, but Cyrus was a bit spooky at first in arena at all the new things and a little bit cheeky too!

We warmed up and did a practice fence, then took turns doing a course.

My RI did make some of the jumps quite challenging and some quite big (to me anyway).

We had some refusals and runouts but I was delighted with last round as we jumped clear and he really tried his best for me.

Here are some photos my friend took

IMG_2262.JPG
IMG_2263.JPG

IMG_2264.JPG
IMG_2265.JPG

Tomorrow we have our very first dressage test at another venue and I am kind of nervous as he is not really a spooky horse but new environments I think take him a while to settle so I am hoping a good warm up will work and he won't have conniptions at the white dressage boards!!

Will try my best anyway and enjoy it and both Cyrus and I are having a day off Sunday, think will need it after all the early mornings!

Cyrus got all plaited up tonight for the morning as we leave at 7:30am as on just before 9:30am.

Here he is looking rather smart

IMG_2272.JPG
IMG_2271.JPG

I just posted pics by clicking on pic icon above where type post and then putting in pic location URL, I use Picasa so just have to click on pics in Picasa account and click on copy image location.

I didn't do plaits myself, have to learn how, very skilled girl did, mind would have looked comical lol!

Thanks everyone, will get my friend to take some pics tomorrow of us too and will give an update on how we get on. Now if it could just not rain from about 8:3o-9:30 tomorrow morning it'd be amazing:D. Think of me and spotty man at 9:21 that's our time :)

Oh well it's nearly dressage time. I hope it goes well!!!

Looks like you both did well with the jumping. I do love him all smartened up with his plaits in. My attempt at plaiting is awful too which is why Rubic was always hogged or left "natural" haha!

Aw thanks everyone.

Well mr Cyrus did great!

Total angel in warmup and tried his best in test!

And guess what we came 1st! With a score of 63.86! So delighted and proud of him! Our first dressage show and first frilly!

Will do proper update and pics later!

Reactions: Flipo's Mum
newrider.com