Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
He passed the vetting easily. Things the vet mentioned:
  • scabby behind the knees but not sore or serious, monitor & evaluate
  • no evidence of skin issues and he wasn't girthy today
  • a little bit snotty but breathing fine so no cause for concern
  • passed walk & trot up, flexion test, lungeing and ridden work fully sound
  • turning on tight circles reveals he is not an equine athlete, stepping under is hard for him, but as the vet said, he won't be doing a Prix St George any time soon.
Vet summary: :a nice chap, a willing, pleasant little horse to have fun with"

Just what the doctor ordered!

Dealer to me: When shall I bring him?
Me: When can you bring him?
She: Now?
Me: Er, OK!
She: I'll just follow you home

So here he is, grazing in my no. 3 paddock. He looks as if he can't believe his luck. I had to walk him 400m down the lane from the yard gate and he was curious and interested, but so calm and obedient. What a little sweetheart, even if he is odd looking.IMG_1049.JPG

Oh how super! I bet you feel like it’s been suddenly so fast but you’ll have plenty of time to get everything set for him and you’ve probably got enough basics (headcollar etc) to accommodate him already. How exciting 👏👏👏

Very pleased for you. He looks a sweetie and I'll have him sent to me in a jiffy bag please! :D He really does sound great and just the ticket. Here's to many happy years of hacking for you both (and whatever else you have planned).

Reactions: Huggy
So pleased for you, and Sid, of course. He has landed on his feet this time!
Thank you! The dealer looked down across the yard at my horses in their paddock and said to Sid, "You've done all right for yourself, mate."

Since he appears to have taught at least 8 children how to ride I think he deserves it!

Very happy for you, and Sid! I think you've got yourself a gem there.

He looks at home already, so pleased for you both. The scabby behind the knees not uncommon in cob feathers, at worst clip back to skin and apply Barrier H hoof to heal and it will promote nice new skin growth. If becomes an issue clip all the hair off and use maleserb shampoo to stop the itch. He isn't odd looking my Molly was similar

Attachments

• P1010243.jpg
    P1010243.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: carthorse
Yay! Congratulations Jane, he’s not ‘odd looking’ he’s lovely! So pleased for you and I will look forward to seeing loads of posts about your adventures together. 😁

Thank you! The dealer looked down across the yard at my horses in their paddock and said to Sid, "You've done all right for yourself, mate."

Since he appears to have taught at least 8 children how to ride I think he deserves it!
nice that the dealer thought was pleased he was going to a great home, and it will nice for Sid to be just a horse and not having to teach kids as that requires a lot of tolerance and putting up with things at times. Bet he will blossom and all his grumpiness will disappear

newrider.com