Simple exams?

qwerty

Missing duke :'(
Apr 21, 2001
Lancashire, England
spaces.msn.com
Hi!
I have not been riding for that long, but I would love to take an exam. I can tack and untack, trot, canter, riseing trot without stirrups etc. I think it would look good on my reord of achievement and it would make me feel good! Are there any simple exams you think I would be able to pass?

Get in touch the the BHS, Stoneleigh, Lenilworth Warks.

or the Association of British Riding Schools at Queens Chambers, Penzance, Cornwall. Both numbers are in the book. Your local agricultural college will have a list of NVQ's and the like you can have a look at. They'll send you a list

What about doing the BHS horse owners certificate? Or if you can join the PC (if there's a PC centre near you then you don't need your own horse, you can use the centre's, but if you join a club then most members have their own horse…but there are usually lots of people with more than one horse so you might be able to borrow someone else's). Anyway, if you join and get your Pony Club 'B' test then this is equivalent to your BHS stages 1 and 2 (I'm working towards that at the mo) and if you get your 'A' test then that’s the same as stages 3 and 4. So you save yourself a lot of money :) because if you take your stages with an equestrian college it costs you hundreds! The 'D' and 'C' tests are really easy and you also get to do the Riding and Road safety certificate.

Fiona.

Wht don't you try the BHS Progressive Riding Tests - available from BHS approved schools? I know things have changed recently, so I could well be behind the times. Give the BHS a ring and they will let you know what is available - or look at BHS.org.co.uk.

newrider.com