Snap some pictures today

I wish I’d had my phone handy last night when I went get Belle in, she was pissy because it was cold and windy and I was five minutes late! Talk about airs above the ground, capriolle I think it’s called, very impressive for a knackered old nag, lol, no wonder she was stiff this morning though :rolleyes:

Reactions: MrA and Jessey
Both boys had it on them yesterday. I think it was the wind. I moved them the night before to a new paddock so they had fresh pickings. They looked calm enough in the field but when i got them in both were fitting. Billy wouldnt eat out of his haynet. Think the wind was blowing towards his face irritating his headshaking. Chunky was protecting his net. There were two licks on the floor neither wanted the ones nearest them. Im trying to groom billy and chunky flies at him. So i nearly got squished. Both were fine when out on there own just grumpy as anything when in close proximity.

• Wow
Reactions: Trewsers
Both boys had it on them yesterday. I think it was the wind. I moved them the night before to a new paddock so they had fresh pickings. They looked calm enough in the field but when i got them in both were fitting. Billy wouldnt eat out of his haynet. Think the wind was blowing towards his face irritating his headshaking. Chunky was protecting his net. There were two licks on the floor neither wanted the ones nearest them. Im trying to groom billy and chunky flies at him. So i nearly got squished. Both were fine when out on there own just grumpy as anything when in close proximity.

Be careful for getting squished in the wind or coming between them!!!

I know i actually had to get cross with chunky and i flew at him shouting and he knew straight away he was in the wrong as his head came up and he moved away from me rather rapidly. Didnt try it after that for a bit.

So what's your situation? Same as me not allowed on the yard at all.
Mine is out 24/7.
Yes for now, we're in self isolation because of our son returning from Thailand via Heathrow. Once that's over I'll be allowed back at weekends. YO has made a decision that whilst horses are on full livery during the week no one is allowed on the yard except staff. At weekends when we do our own stables, staff will feed/turnout/do their own horses 1st thing, then liveries allowed on between 11 and 3, leaving in time to allow staff back on yard to do evening stables.

Tbh I don't think I really need to self isolate at the moment as none of us have any symptoms, but YO's husband has a serious lung condition and will be seriously at risk if he catches Coronavirus. Obviously it doesn't bear thinking about that it could be me that takes it there. Hate not seeing my boy but the alternative could be far far worse :(

I would self isolate, not with the risk. If everyone did that we could slow it down.
I can currently see mine after a long walk and long sleep when I get home.

Reactions: Trewsers and Bodshi
newrider.com