Snap some pictures today

Things that pinch - do you mean earwigs?
I like black beetles - they won't hurt you. Neither will wiggies, though they might take a nip if you upset them. They are vegetarians though. We have lots of black beetles. I didn't used to like them but have learnt to rub along. I no longer emit girly shrieks when I see one in the house! lol
Not sure I'd favour them in my tack boxes though!

Eariwigs - never grew out of calling them that. Don't like them, but don't see them that often down here. The only other things I see with pincers are stag beetles - I feel sorry for them - they always end up on their backs and the birds get them.

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Eariwigs - never grew out of calling them that. Don't like them, but don't see them that often down here. The only other things I see with pincers are stag beetles - I feel sorry for them - they always end up on their backs and the birds get them.

How lucky you are having stag beetles! None here that I've seen, but we've very few trees so probably not a great shock. Wouldn't fancy one in my house lol but they are magnificent mini beasts.

Today I decided to work on the shelter. I need her and me ;) to have to the option to be able to get out of the sun, wind, rain etc.

The first photo is what I would call work in progress. I wasn't sure if she would fit or even bother with it. I still have docks to clear. DSC_2829~2.JPG

I was about to leave when this happened. She fits so its big enough then. Ideal.
DSC_2837~2.JPG

Today I decided to work on the shelter. I need her and me ;) to have to the option to be able to get out of the sun, wind, rain etc.

The first photo is what I would call work in progress. I wasn't sure if she would fit or even bother with it. I still have docks to clear. View attachment 103019

perfect!

I was about to leave when this happened. She fits so its big enough then. Ideal.
View attachment 103020

I love your shelter @newforest , that’s perfect!

pics from the weekend in no particular order
View attachment 103032View attachment 103033View attachment 103034View attachment 103035View attachment 103036View attachment 103037View attachment 103038
2 New Guinea keets
View attachment 103039
A good sized added slithering along the track
View attachment 103040
Worm egg counting
View attachment 103041
That is a big adder - haven't seen any round here yet, surprisingly. Is that a giraffe in pic 6?!

Reactions: Kite_Rider
newrider.com