So it's APRIL - Spring Chat

Yes I am trying to box things and clean as I go. I thought I was quite a clean person but I can just see dirt everywhere! They are selling once I'm out so not sure what they are planning. I think the chaos is adding to my anxiety.

Pointless post really but I am stressing. Moving house in 2 weeks. I had helped lined up. But for various reasons noone can now help. I have the movers booked but I am stressing about the cleaning afterwards I think. I am wondering if it would be fair to ask the current landlords if I can hand over the keys the next afternoon to give me time to.clean?
Having moved from rented properties far more times than I'd like (10 times in 11 years), try not to stress, cleaning an empty house is way quicker and easier than cleaning one with stuff in!

Book a local window cleaner to do inside and out for you, and most for a fair price will do all the frames and sills too. If your carpets have to be shampooed, I would also book someone to come and do those for you. That leaves you with cleaning your kitchen cupboards inside and out, oven etc. - get the movers to do the kitchen first (and don't forget to pack yourself a box of kettle, mugs, tea/coffee etc. to keep you going while you clean, and while you start unpacking the other end!) then you can get in and crack on while they do the rest. Then you just need to whip around walls and skirting boards as each room is emptied - those magic eraser sponges are fab for this!

Moving is the absolute worst, but just try to focus on one thing at a time and you will be there in no time.

Thankyou. I got very overwhelmed and the crisis team swooped in and moped me up. I really need their calming influence again. I got hugely focused that I couldn't get my oven clean enough. Thankfully moving just round the corner so I can come back and forth without even needing to get in the car. I hadn't even though that about shampooing carpets. Mum feels bad as she had wanted to help but has now got a funeral, so I was trying to down play my anxiety and ,,"of course I will.manage fine". Thankfully I live in a very small house!

Thankyou. I got very overwhelmed and the crisis team swooped in and moped me up. I really need their calming influence again. I got hugely focused that I couldn't get my oven clean enough. Thankfully moving just round the corner so I can come back and forth without even needing to get in the car. I hadn't even though that about shampooing carpets. Mum feels bad as she had wanted to help but has now got a funeral, so I was trying to down play my anxiety and ,,"of course I will.manage fine". Thankfully I live in a very small house!
Oh get the Oven Pride kit - it comes with chemical and big bags, you chuck the shelves, grill pans etc. in with the chemical and leave, then just rinse - honestly it is not worth the effort to scrub, those are so easy! then all you have to worry about is the bottom of the oven.

You may not have to shampoo your carpets - some tenancy agreements require you do it before moving out, some don't! if you don't have to, hoovering with no furniture in is super fast!

I think mine might be joining the abscess club.
Least that's why I think she's ever so slightly off on the left rein.
There is a split in the heel which looks like it could be the culprit.

I don't know about your RI @Doodle92 but my knees are hating me this evening. Luka remained very polite but got pretty bouncy and strutty coming home and his paces really don't need added bounce šŸ¤£ . That said I'm extremely grateful that when he suggested a trot down a slope covered in loose flints was a good idea he did listen when I said no - I'm not sure what followed would pass as a walk, or indeed any recognisable pace, in a dressage arena but it felt a lot safer than what he was wanting to do. Why he felt the need to do it the whole way home is beyond me, it feels like making a lot of work out of nothing!

They don't bounce, they swagger!! Robin and I had a similar sounding discuss out trotting down a not idea hill today.

The thought of being there, warmed up and brain in gear enough to do a test at 8.30 and still remember which way to turn at top of CL is not appealing šŸ¤£. Ri is also the organiser/owner of netherton, and she knows I am close and fair game. Also first in next test at 9.20. it's good tho as no time to get nervous and we will be all done and ready for a late breakfast from the van by 10.

They run 2 days BD. One day they start at the highest level and work down. The other day start low and work up. 8.30 am better than 6pm I think.

He will be in and plaited the night before. So arrive, hitch up, give him breakfast, boots on and go...

@Doodle92 this is a bit beyond swagger, and is punctuated by the occasional all four feet off the ground moment just to make sure I'm paying attention šŸ˜‚

@Doodle92 That is not as bad as the worst time i got which was 8.06am in the 2nd week of january at a venue a 45min drive away.

I decided as soon as i saw it that I wasnt going, but didnt withdraw and luckily it was then cancelled due to everything being frozen!

Reactions: carthorse
We did once go to Burgie when he was eventing. It is a 3/3.5 hrs drive. Dressage was 9am. Luckily it was summer but it seemed to take a long time driving to get light. We then ignored the directions to say don't take the satnav route, and followed the satnav, ended on an ever narrower track somewhere in the middle of nowhere. Not even a chance of turning round. Que the slightly hysterical giggling. Robin napped the whole way, we arrived frazzled!

Last edited:
@Doodle92 this is a bit beyond swagger, and is punctuated by the occasional all four feet off the ground moment just to make sure I'm paying attention šŸ˜‚
Raf developed his own pace when he was desperate to trot but asked for walk. I have no idea what it is because I can't see it. He only pulls it out of the bag very occasionally but it's always a surprise and quite pleasant so I let him do it. It's a very fast four beat pace but smooth and comfortable - a lot easier than bounce!

love watching the bulbs come up, the dog tooth violets are beautiful and the bluebells i planted next to the hen run to follow on from the snowdrops are appearing, puny but will improve in years to come. Planted 2 clematis montana ruben at both ends of the run and 3 kilmarnock weeping willow. Got the man booked to come and concrete the front yard in May, and looking for a skid steer thingy to automate myself.

View attachment 122521
and the one i looked at on market place is a total scam, it was the very small version of this and would have been ideal but checked the phone number and related to scams. also the language for a farmer selling one was wrong a middle age farmer would never say thank you for reaching out.....

newrider.com