some days nothing wants to go according to plan!!!

juliecwuk

Mar 2, 2006
Wolverhampton
how frustrating - but this time not Moet causing the issues!!!

had a late callout from work, made me about 3hrs late to yard, friends waited for me to ride which was nice.

all tacked up...started out and the one horse was lame :( turned around and went back, she untacked him, friends daughters loan pony got tied up outside stables whilst we waited for the girl to tack her other horse up.....

the loan pony managed to spin and get lead rope caught under saddle and then freaked, backed up broke lead rope and managed to get back legs tangled in this water bucket wheeler thing, then bolted taking Moet with him down the fields. luckily managed to untangle his feet enroute to field. Moet was super though, although trying to get away from the pony she wasnt actually 'freaking' like she would have years ago, and when i calmly told her to steady she actually did and turned to wait for me! :)

so decided we had had enough bad luck for the day so untacked and turned them out!

it could have been FAR worse, but i was just so disappointed - i really really wanted to ride!!

Oh poor you! Its sounds awful but alot of positives from this experience,

* you have some nice friends who waited for you
* nobody got hurt
* Moet shone through and surprised you by being calm and well behaved

Just did not get to ride and i hate it when things stop me. But overall like you said it could of been worse. Hope you manage to get your riding fix today :D Although maybe being late let the ponies have time to create this master plan to get out of riding and an early turnout hahaha :confused:

I know that your day did not go to plan and you didn't managet to ride but as Me and Super Abby said, there are a lot of positives from the day.

Well done to you and Moet for staying calm :)

Echo what the others said - nobody got hurt which is the main thing and its all more learning experience! Sometimes things really do not go according to plan (I used to know the feeling well......)

awww thanks guys! yeah i feeling positive about it all now, just feel frustrated with myself for not seeing it coming to be honest! the girl is very inexperienced with 'thinking ahead' in the horsey world, i shouldve noticed she had tied too long and then also spotted the silly wheely thing too close.....but its all good!!

i did ride Moet yesterday out with another strange horse (whos a recently backed youngster) and she was an absolute super star, really stepping up to the mark with scarey objects and leading the way past when the youngster spooked! was really proud :D

newrider.com