Some of them vibes please... please..

Has this been a sudden onset of something? Do you think he has done himself some damage cavorting around the field? they are such a worry aren't they. I really hope he's ok Nat. Rooting for the pair of you.

Thursday night he seemed to be a little lazy in the field, friday morning cant move/walk/whinnies in pain and obvious pain in back leg/muscle/back

Nothing known as to why how or when - vets wants to give him till friday... I just nipped out and he was asleep on the ground, panicked me even more for some reason.. he did get up, walked a few steps and waited to see if I was coming in the field or not

I dont know what to think, maybe a slip or fall in the field, I have been blessed with no issues with him since I bought him 6 or 7 years ago so maybe thats why I am bring a massive wuss about this

Did they do bloods?
Hope he does show some signs of improvement.
He might have slipped or rolled awkardly, it might be muscle then.

Is it worth testing for Lymes? Storm had a terrible episode a couple of years back similar, she looked awful, stiff on back end, dull eyed, temperature raised. Didn't respond to antibiotics though. Vet tested for Lymes along with lots of other things, she was borderline. Tbh by the time they tested for that, she had started to make a slow recovery. Oh, and she laid down a lot too.
Do hope he gets better soon.

Oh dear - things are still sounding very stressful for you and Sam....I hope you get some clear answers about what is going on with him very soon. :)

sorry to hear this, Acorn is subject to this thanks to a weakness in his o/s stifle and this year has been no exception he has just re done it thanks to trying to mount Nuts and having a mad time in the field, I will have to remember next year to keep him away from her before she comes into season - this is second year running he has done this and he was just getting over it from March and back in the field less than a week.

Acorn is currently pottering around the field, on bute and I massage inner outer thighs morning and night with liniment and I have been putting his mag boots on during the day for past 2 days now its dry.

interest in the EMS thread - goes off to find it - I had wondered about this with Acorn - had him tested for Cushings and that was negative.

newrider.com