Sonny and I met Poohsmate today ...

nelle

May 27, 2005
South East
.. and what a kind, genuine man he is :) I just wanted to say a public thank you to Norman for coming out to see us and giving us the benefit of his expertise.

Sorry, no pics and it wasn't good news I'm afraid. The upshot is Sonny has a saddle that doesn't fit, is sore and fat (I knew he was fat and am addressing it).

The saddle is less than 6 months old and was sold to me by a local saddle fitter. Tomorrow morning I have the unpleasant task of contacting him to give him the opportunity of buying it back from me or I will have to go to Trading Standards as it's not fit for purpose. I'm not looking forward to that conversation I can tell you.

In the meantime Sonny needs a couple of weeks off with groundwork and Norman has suggested I then do some bareback riding on him. Should be interesting.

My boy is so special, he has been in pain but has been trying his hardest for me. I'm angry and upset that my pony has suffered because the original saddle fitter has basically taken complete advantage of my inexperience :mad:

Thank you again Norman - even my RI was impressed and she takes some impressing ;)

Wooooo i also had norman today :D

He cometo me 1st as he was saying hehas another new rider to meet :D

We got our new saddle thead will come later

Good luck with sonny!

Wooooo i also had norman today :D

He cometo me 1st as he was saying hehas another new rider to meet :D

We got our new saddle thead will come later

Good luck with sonny!

Thanks titch - It was because you had posted that he visited you a few weeks back that I contacted him as I didn't think he would come out this far :)

Looking forward to reading about your new saddle :)

Nelle and Titch
He came and met me today as well (saturday)
My field mates and I are now fully signed up members of the Norman admiration club.
Dusty was his normal spikey little self, a bit resistant of treatment, enjoying it really but not wanting to let on as "no good comes from humans "
His saddle is history.
Blues thank goodness did fit, but has gone for reflocking
A week of bareback riding on my spooky horse will be interesting.
But Blue and Bowen treatment was amazing
He was really struggling to stay awake !
Norman,
If you read this, today we have had the most chilled out little herd I have ever seen.
They have mainly all been dozing, even eating seems to much of an effort.

Oh man, if I had ANY clue he'd come down so far I'd have loved to have Lucy looked at as well

*GRUMPY NOW* ...

Have heard so many good things !!

I would say YAY but that's the weekened I'm away!!!! How typical is that?!

I'm sure there'll be other times now that I know it's a possibility ...

All you lucky ppl having this lovely experienced man coming to see you and give you all this superb advice. Think im way to far away though :(

Norm travels the country;) He has even been out down to deepest darkest Dorset to me:D and has the lovely challenge of coming back in a few weeks to meet my new boy and also check Sofi

newrider.com